LIU Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDKid89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does LIU allow you to write an appeal letter or something in order to reconsider their decision. I heard something like that on this site a while back :confused:.

Members don't see this ad.

Does LIU allow you to write an appeal letter or something in order to reconsider their decision. I heard something like that on this site a while back :confused:.

Based on Sparda's info., you can - but I don't think that it worked in his favor. Maybe someone else on this forum had better luck with the appeals process.
Have you already heard from LIU?
If not, stop fretting and think positive!!!

I didn't hear from them, but I had a good feeling I had a chance until now..don't know why I don't feel that way anymore...anyway if I didn't get in, I would like to appeal and take the advantage to try again, so..

Did you hear from them?

Members don't see this ad :)

write an appeal...cicerco will not respond until late june if u hand one in now, ive been through the same thing at LIU as sparda and appeals mean nothing. waste of time, i just transferred out of LIU, currently doing one year at a university at home, reapplied for 2009 and got into other schools.

just make sure ur grades are good enough to apply elsewhere

Haven't heard anything either.

Don't lose hope!

If you got an interview then you are in good position...According to the 08 statisitics, they take half of the interviewees so try to stay positive..If not, try for other pharmacy schools next year...If you are serious about pharmacy as a career then nothing will hold you back...

If you got an interview then you are in good position...According to the 08 statisitics, they take half of the interviewees so try to stay positive..If not, try for other pharmacy schools next year...If you are serious about pharmacy as a career then nothing will hold you back...

Well of course...they interview out of all, 400+ kids, and accept 220..that still does not help..My stats are not the best either :(..

write an appeal...cicerco will not respond until late june if u hand one in now, ive been through the same thing at LIU as sparda and appeals mean nothing. waste of time, i just transferred out of LIU, currently doing one year at a university at home, reapplied for 2009 and got into other schools.

just make sure ur grades are good enough to apply elsewhere

Did you apply again this year?

Did you apply again this year?

nope, went there for two years thinking they would accept their OWN students over others, but i was wrong

funny thing is that my friends in the program told me about 37 kids are from a CC, and a few had a GPA lower than mine with no work experience, whereas I had 4 years. go figure

but i transferred out and went to a University closer to home and reapplied to other schools for this fall and now that ive gotten into a few schools, i have to decide where id like to go

nope, went there for two years thinking they would accept their OWN students over others, but i was wrong

funny thing is that my friends in the program told me about 37 kids are from a CC, and a few had a GPA lower than mine with no work experience, whereas I had 4 years. go figure

but i transferred out and went to a University closer to home and reapplied to other schools for this fall and now that ive gotten into a few schools, i have to decide where id like to go

Wow..that just shows how messed up LIU is..

Wow..that just shows how messed up LIU is..

yea well i dont dwell on it too much, i figured, many of the LIU grads go into community pharmacy, and not that there is anything wrong with community pharmacy, but im looking to do industrial or clinical. the one thing i do miss is the closeness of NYC and times square, and central park, and the list goes on, and o yea, Q train to chicken and rice at 2 AM, :love: I think i miss NYC more than LIU, as you can tell i grew up close to it to ill always miss the city

only other thing that gets to me is the two years of tuition i WASTED there and the one extra year i now have to do in school, sigh, o well, maybe it wasnt meant to be

yea well i dont dwell on it too much, i figured, many of the LIU grads go into community pharmacy, and not that there is anything wrong with community pharmacy, but im looking to do industrial or clinical. the one thing i do miss is the closeness of NYC and times square, and central park, and the list goes on, and o yea, Q train to chicken and rice at 2 AM, :love: I think i miss NYC more than LIU, as you can tell i grew up close to it to ill always miss the city

only other thing that gets to me is the two years of tuition i WASTED there and the one extra year i now have to do in school, sigh, o well, maybe it wasnt meant to be

ME TOO HAHA!! I need to be near the city or I'll just die lol..so happy I'm right near it, it's usually where I get all my shopping and stuff done, and where some of my fav places are like Little Italy and downtown. It's the ony place that'll keep everyone occupied when bored that I know..

Did you guys complete the Background Check already? After you submit everything after the interview, how long does it take for them to notify you?

Interviews are held from early February to late March...You are given a packet for drug test and background screening during the interview...You are notified in late April, early May..

I appealed too early, and I don't think I would have gotten in even if I appealed later (quite a few people had their acceptances rescinded after Spring and Summer grades came in).

I don't think appeals are going to work in the new system.

I appealed too early, and I don't think I would have gotten in even if I appealed later (quite a few people had their acceptances rescinded after Spring and Summer grades came in).

I don't think appeals are going to work in the new system.

What's the point of doing a criminal background check? I did mine already, but I find it strange..

Umm, to make sure you're not some crazed drug addict?

But you'd think they would wait until they've decided whether or not to accept you. Every one of us that were interviewed spent another $80 for this screening, and more than half of us will probably be rejected-resulting in more money thrown down the drain!
A better way to do this would be to require the drug screening for accepted students only, and rescind the offer if an applicant doesn't clear the background/drug screening test.

But you'd think they would wait until they've decided whether or not to accept you. Every one of us that were interviewed spent another $80 for this screening, and more than half of us will probably be rejected-resulting in more money thrown down the drain!
A better way to do this would be to require the drug screening for accepted students only, and rescind the offer if an applicant doesn't clear the background/drug screening test.

That's true.

THAT'S SO TRUE and it's really clever. What's the point of doing a background check if you're rejected..all LIU cares for is money and nothing else..