Live vaccines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranger99rx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was taught in school that attenuated (live) vaccines are supposed to be better than inactivated vaccines but FluMist and Zostavax have not shown to give more protection than inactivated vaccines. Any thoughts on this? Now Shringrix is recommended over Zostavax even those who already had Zostavax in the past.

Members don't see this ad.

Flumist like most flu vaccines was proven ineffective and taken off the market last year.

Shingrix is the new snake oil to replace the old snake oil. Zostavax was only 60% effective for 3 years. Shingrix is better because it a series of two money generating vaccines for my pharmacy. And of course the CDC recommends vaccinating with Shingrix even if they've had Zostavax. You only have to wait 2 months in between which is supported by no study. Please don't question the CDC because they are well funded by Big Pharma.

Flumist like most flu vaccines was proven ineffective and taken off the market last year.

Shingrix is the new snake oil to replace the old snake oil. Zostavax was only 60% effective for 3 years. Shingrix is better because it a series of two money generating vaccines for my pharmacy. And of course the CDC recommends vaccinating with Shingrix even if they've had Zostavax. You only have to wait 2 months in between which is supported by no study. Please don't question the CDC because they are well funded by Big Pharma.

Don't listen to this fool, he's been proven wrong many times and never responds to proof.

Members don't see this ad :)
In other non-shocking news today the director of the CDC, Brenda Fitzgerald, resigned after coming under scrutiny for buying shares of a tobacco company while leading the agency. The CDC is a national leader in the fight against tobacco. When she took over the post tobacco cessation was listed as one of her top priorities while she held that role.

I wish Unchained participated in other topics of discussion throughout the year.

Reactions: 1 users
To OP, I don't remember ever learning that live vaccines were better than attenuated vaccines. Obviously if that is true on a theoretical basis, it isn't true in normal practice.