Living at UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody here that was accepted to UDM (and is attending) decide on where to live? I'm just kind of looking at the surrounding burbs, trying to take into account the fact that the school is moving, and seeing where is the best place to live (location, distance, cost, etc..). I know most of the people at UDM are from michigan..I however am not. Any suggestions? Anybody trying to get roommates or just fly solo? any help is appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody here that was accepted to UDM (and is attending) decide on where to live? I'm just kind of looking at the surrounding burbs, trying to take into account the fact that the school is moving, and seeing where is the best place to live (location, distance, cost, etc..). I know most of the people at UDM are from michigan..I however am not. Any suggestions? Anybody trying to get roommates or just fly solo? any help is appreciated. thanks!

hey shamrock, i thought you were set on NYU?

Yea I was going to, but some other things came up after I had told myself I was going to NYU that caused me to change my mind. While I really liked NYU, I think that for me UDM is a smarter choice for a variety of reasons. I have nothing against NYU, i think it is a great school. I just think given my situation UDM is the better choice...although right now, trying to find a place to live around the detroit-area is proving to be quite difficult...hence the thread haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Royal Oak, Shamrock its a quick drive to the School, its not ghetto. It has some good food and good shopping. Cool bars and such. Royal Oak is the way to go. Check it out.

Royal Oak, Shamrock its a quick drive to the School, its not ghetto. It has some good food and good shopping. Cool bars and such. Royal Oak is the way to go. Check it out.

I was thinking the same thing, I've been looking at apartments and some are semi-reasonable. I'm just more concerned about when the school moves...apparently its about 10 minutes further south, closer to downtown detroit. Did you interview there?? I've also been told to check out dearborn heights, redford, and somewhere else but I foret the name...but Royal Oak seems to have the most to offer as far as distractions. Granted anything is going to be different for me coming from chicago..but oh well.

I was thinking the same thing, I've been looking at apartments and some are semi-reasonable. I'm just more concerned about when the school moves...apparently its about 10 minutes further south, closer to downtown detroit. Did you interview there?? I've also been told to check out dearborn heights, redford, and somewhere else but I foret the name...but Royal Oak seems to have the most to offer as far as distractions. Granted anything is going to be different for me coming from chicago..but oh well.

No, I never finished my application with them. But I grew up north of detroit, and used to have friends and hang out in royal oak.

Hey,

I will also be attending UDM this up comming summer. I think I'm going to try to find a place down in Deerborn. B/C the school is moving in the winter and it is the half way point in between both loc. hope this helps a little.