Living comfortable while paying back loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a single pharmacist I will be paying somewhere in the range of 30-50% taxes. I think the only way to become truly independent of a full time job is through investments where you can make an unlimited amount at a 15% tax rate. The mental block that I personally have is that it makes no sense to invest until the 401k and Roth IRA are maxed out... that doesn't leave a whole lot left to dump into investments especially when I will have to pay back ~150k in loans further delaying the process. I think I will have to invest very aggressively in terms of both the percentage of my pay and in terms of the investments that I choose in order to make capital gains a significant source of income. This is certainly a goal of mine... investment income can become very significant and offers a huge tax advantage in terms of gains. I can do fine with just a pharmacist income but I am of the mindset of using my income as a means of gaining something bigger.