Living Cost in DPT school

Started by Buster_PT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Buster_PT

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

​

renderTimingPixel.png

Would you go to a cheaper school out of state or go to a more expensive school and live at home and have living and food/amenities covered for all three years?
-Cheaper school is 90k EXCLUDING living expenses and food
-Expensive School is 127k with everything else covered.
 
Honestly I think in the end the prices would be roughly comparable after rent, food, etc. I think you should make your decision based on which program & location you like more!
 
Honestly I think in the end the prices would be roughly comparable after rent, food, etc. I think you should make your decision based on which program & location you like more!
Yeah, the more expensive school is in California, and I plan to move back to CA for work anyhow. I guess it will be easier with the licensing as well. thanks!
 
I would say go with the more expensive choice and stay at home! Living expenses/food can easily run you around $1000+/month depending on which city and state you live in. At that rate, both equal out to be the same but that's if you spent ~ $1000/mo which is a pretty low estimate imo. Also, travel cost back and forth to visit home would add up too.