Living Cost in DPT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buster_PT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

renderTimingPixel.png

Would you go to a cheaper school out of state or go to a more expensive school and live at home and have living and food/amenities covered for all three years?
-Cheaper school is 90k EXCLUDING living expenses and food
-Expensive School is 127k with everything else covered.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I think in the end the prices would be roughly comparable after rent, food, etc. I think you should make your decision based on which program & location you like more!

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I think in the end the prices would be roughly comparable after rent, food, etc. I think you should make your decision based on which program & location you like more!
Yeah, the more expensive school is in California, and I plan to move back to CA for work anyhow. I guess it will be easier with the licensing as well. thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I would say go with the more expensive choice and stay at home! Living expenses/food can easily run you around $1000+/month depending on which city and state you live in. At that rate, both equal out to be the same but that's if you spent ~ $1000/mo which is a pretty low estimate imo. Also, travel cost back and forth to visit home would add up too.

Reactions: 2 users