Living situation while in school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deleonrg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you decide to do in podiatry school, roommate, no roommate? Live close to school with high cost(those in city locations) or cheaper far away. Car no car? Pets? I have two dogs that ate coming with me.

Members don't see this ad.

Living in the Temple Apartments, I figure would rather be close and live with people as you always get more apartment if you are willing to have room mates. Debating as to whether to have a car, I would rather not, but I am not sure once you start rotations it might be needed. KSUPM, Western, AZPOD, Scholl, DMU a car seems almost necessary. I would not want to count on the next to non existent public transit in those areas.
Pets, don't have any but in undergrad some it worked out some it did not. If you are single I would probably recommend against as I saw plenty taking 18 hours plus not having enough time to walk the dog and that.

...DMU a car seems almost necessary...

If you live in one of the complexes near campus you really don't need a car for the first two years. You have a grocery store, a couple of banks, restaurants, etc all within very short walking distance.

You do need a car for third and fourth year though.

Living with or without roommates is totally up to you, and what you're more comfortable with . If you do live with roommates it is cheaper, and living with other students definitely helps in studying and making study groups. Some apartments allow pets while others don't, but also take into consideration if you have the time to take care of a pet if you are in classes all day long.