LLU LORs...confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LuvCaramelFraps

So I'm a little bit confused with the requirements for Loma Linda's letters of recommendation. On the School of Pharmacy webpage here are the guidelines for LORs word for word, "References are preferably from college-level course instructors, employers (if employment was in a health-care or science related field), and/or a pastor." Then, on their actual on-line application here are the guidelines for LORs, "Employer recommendations may be included (maximum of 2) only if employment was in a health-care related field and occurred within 3 years prior to the date of application."
My main cocern is the employer LOR b/c on the webpage it says you are allowed to use 2 employers if they work in healthcare or in the scienctific field. So, I called admissions office and the girl said that I needed a recommendation for a science professor and a pharmacist! Nowhere in the guidelines does it say pharmacist recommendations are REQUIRED. I'm confused and I've already sent in my application but I do not have a pharmacist's recommendation simply because the pharmacist I do know, I feel that her recommendation would not be as good as my current supervisor (who is a healthcare professional) and my research supervisor (who I worked with for 40 hours each week for 3 months). Does anyone know what's going on with LLU's LORs?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator: