LLU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairysupreme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DUDE. Has anyone done secondaries for LLU? It's 4000 character limit per questions. But I feel like a couple sentences will suffice. Are you guys writing a lot for this!?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

DUDE. Has anyone done secondaries for LLU? It's 4000 character limit per questions. But I feel like a couple sentences will suffice. Are you guys writing a lot for this!?!?!
I did. I wrote a lot about why I wanted to attend LLU, still did not reach 4000. All others were about 2000 each. There is not much to write about really

I did. I wrote a lot about why I wanted to attend LLU, still did not reach 4000. All others were about 2000 each. There is not much to write about really

I'm having so much trouble with this! Are you SDA? I'm not religious so idk how to answer some of them

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not an SDA, otherwise I would have been admitted already. It's a long story.
It is definitely overwhelming to write 6 or 7 essays on topics, which only require a simple answer.Would you abide by University lifestyle policies -YES, just take me. Would you attend church weekly -SURE, just take me.
It helps if you elaborate on why, in your opinion, this policy is a good idea or why you think, that attending weekly church services could benefit you and so on.

LLU is a religious school, I am not sure writing that you are not at all religious would be helpful to your application

LLU is a religious school, I am not sure writing that you are not at all religious would be helpful to your application
I agree. This person is throwing $100 in the trash. Actually just give the money to me, better use for a poor dental student.

My answers ranged from a single sentence to about four paragraphs at most. You don't need to fill every space up in the questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. This person is throwing $100 in the trash. Actually just give the money to me, better use for a poor dental student.
Although, LLU says, that being religious is not a requirement, they certainly give preference to ones, who are.
It is a good thing, that it is almost impossible to spot a Christian

Although, LLU says, that being religious is not a requirement, they certainly give preference to ones, who are.
It is a good thing, that it is almost impossible to spot a Christian
i dont understand your second sentence...sarcasm?

I was told by my mentor, whom has decades of experience with dental school admissions, not to even apply because of their "religious based acceptance" reputation. But I did anyway and now I don't know if I want to even submit a secondary ($150.. jeezus.. no pun) after reading the school specific thread on LLU

How long did it take for you to receive the secondary application after your application was received??

Ok I just realize you've lost your marbles.
No, sweetie, I just find it very strange, that in order to study dentistry, in addition to multitude of other things, someone is going to quantify my devotion to Jesus Christ

Reactions: 1 users
No, sweetie, I just find it very strange, that in order to study dentistry, in addition to multitude of other things, someone is going to quantify my devotion to Jesus Christ

I'm not sure why you find it strange that a private school has established certain protocols for their students to follow? Regardless of what those protocols are, they are there to be followed, and a private school has every right to enforce those rules. You find it strange, that's your opinion and right to think that way, but why would you even apply there if you know this? Just because you can't get in, doesn't mean you need to spew your bitterness about the school on SDN.

Reactions: 3 users

I believe the reason for it is because they want to produce SDA medical/dental missionaries or at least accept people who may be interested in going on religious mission trips to spread the word.

I'm not sure why you find it strange that a private school has established certain protocols for their students to follow? Regardless of what those protocols are, they are there to be followed, and a private school has every right to enforce those rules. You find it strange, that's your opinion and right to think that way, but why would you even apply there if you know this? Just because you can't get in, doesn't mean you need to spew your bitterness about the school on SDN.
Please, don't tell me what to do and I would not tell you where to go

I believe the reason for it is because they want to produce SDA medical/dental missionaries or at least accept people who may be interested in going on religious mission trips to spread the word.
I understand their reasons very well and agree with them, but at the same time I understand feelings of other people, who are very nice and not religious at all

I remember once complaining about ASDOH's emphasis on community service in their selection process to a couple of students who went there, and their response was that for the people who *have* done a lot of community service, it is nice to have that validation and consideration, and wouldn't be very fair if those who had little or no community service be considered equally as they.

On the same note, those of us for whom religion does play a central role in our lives, it is nice to have a school that does "reward" that, per se, and it wouldn't be fair for a religious school like LLU to give equal consideration to those for whom religion plays little or no role.

Bottom line, if you want to get into a certain school, you need to be the kind of person they are looking for. ASDOH likes community service, LLU likes SDA or at least those who value religion.

Does this mean they have no room for non-religious? Absolutely not. But if you don't care for religion, it is important to at least show that you can be respectful of what they stand for.

Reactions: 1 user