LLU, UCI, UCSD psych

Started by rubisco88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rubisco88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone familiar with LLU, UCI, and UCSD for psych residency and how competitive they are? I imagine UCSD is in a different league of it's own and is far more competitive. I went to a UC for undergrad and I am at an OOS MD school and I'm hoping to go back to Southern California for residency since my family is there.

Will it be difficult to get into a decent psych program in Southern California? I'm a pretty average student as of now and haven't taken the STEP yet.

Any recommendations on what I can do to give myself a leg up especially at the 3 programs I listed (away rotations, research etc)? If anyone knows what kind of candidates each of these programs seem to favor that would also be helpful.
 
Last edited: