Llu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genome25

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm not very familiar with Loma Linda and was wondering about their residency program...
can anyone going to Loma Linda University for ob/gyn residency or is attending the medschool tell me about their program? does it have preference for seventh day adventist like the medschool? do directors look a lot into research, scores...and since they don't offer externship for ob/gyn how can someone improve their chances for match?
any help would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and interviewed at Loma Linda although I didn't go there for medical school and won't be going there for residency. From what I got, the hospital is associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I did not get the impression that they had a "preference" for residents who were affiliated with the church. In fact, they're not even allowed to ask you. I do know that they do not sell anything with meat in their cafeteria (however the patient meals include meat options). I don't think they sell caffeinated drinks either but someone else will have to confirm that.

They will look for the same things in your application as any other program.

As with any hospital, many people like the residency program at Loma Linda and for others, it's just not for them. I believe you will feel strongly one way or the other when you spend time at the hospital.