LMC AEGD Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric.cartmanez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need help with this if anyone can help with their input.
How can we assess the NYU Lutheran AEGD programs since they're operated mostly in community health care centers we don't have access to their curriculum nor clinical requirements.
I would really appreciate anyone's input on any LMC experience or piece of information.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
How can we assess the NYU Lutheran AEGD programs since they're operated mostly in community health care centers we don't have access to their curriculum nor clinical requirements.
I would really appreciate anyone's input on any LMC experience or piece of information.
Thank you
I interviewed at them. Did not rank. I didn't like their philosophy.

Bottom line: if you want to better your skills you learned in dental school and not really grow do LMC. If you want to grow and learn more advanced procedures, go somewhere else. Feel free to message me if you have more ?

I interviewed at them. Did not rank. I didn't like their philosophy.

Bottom line: if you want to better your skills you learned in dental school and not really grow do LMC. If you want to grow and learn more advanced procedures, go somewhere else. Feel free to message me if you have more ?

I totally disagree. I am a graduate of LMC AEGD program that was very strong on oral surgery and pediatric dentistry. I did mine at hospital and it was more trauma based and I felt it was more like GPR. My program was very good and I can vouch for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally disagree. I am a graduate of LMC AEGD program that was very strong on oral surgery and pediatric dentistry. I did mine at hospital and it was more trauma based and I felt it was more like GPR. My program was very good and I can vouch for it.
sorry, totally forgot they have a hospital base one. I was just commenting on the community clinic ones.

Hi guys,
Thank you
If you use the search function on SDN, I believe there is some info out there about some of the LMC sites. Since LMC is affiliated with so many community clinics, the quality of the training can vary greatly from site to site. Each site has different things to offer so depending on what you are interested in learning, one site might be better fit for you as compared to others. For example, I know the program in Alabama, the residents get to place alot of implants and they get trained really well with Dr. McCracken. I am one of the site directors for the LMC/UCSF AEGD program so if you are interested in learning more about our program, you can email me for more info. I always encourage applicants to try to visit the sites where you are interested in applying for and talking to the residents directly so you can see for yourself how it is.