LMU-DCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if and when Dean Stowers will be back? I know its only Monday, but am really waiting to hear about the final verdict.

Did you just interview this past week? So far it seems most calls have went out on Tuesday or Wednesday this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you just interview this past week? So far it seems most calls have went out on Tuesday or Wednesday this cycle.

Yup...I did. Okay, I guess I will patiently wait. :)That's the hardest part though!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all those interviewing today. Today was supposed to be the day I interviewed.

Are we asked about "The Cumberland Gap" article in the interview or is that article just to introduce people to the region? It wasn't mentioned in the email so I was just wondering...

Are we asked about "The Cumberland Gap" article in the interview or is that article just to introduce people to the region? It wasn't mentioned in the email so I was just wondering...

They're not out to get you, I promise. It's just a good summary of the area.

I'm driving there from Chicago...it's going to be one long but beautiful ride!

Good luck to everyone in the morning. I'll see you guys there. :thumbup:

Got the call from the Dean tonight at 10pm ET. Accepted!!!

ACCEPTED!!! Ecstatic right now. Same, I got the call at 9:50 EST. Best phone call ever!:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from the Dean tonight at 10pm ET. Accepted!!!

ACCEPTED!!! Ecstatic right now. Same, I got the call at 9:50 EST. Best phone call ever!:D:D

Ahh!! Congrats guys! What an amazing feeling...an definitely unexpected so late at night. The call is way better than a letter though (since you know the area code means a "yes!"), no matter what time of day. Now enjoy knowing you're in!!

How long did it take for you guys hear anything about interview invitation after your file is complete??

How long did it take for you guys hear anything about interview invitation after your file is complete??

I got a phone call about the interview an hour after I got the complete e-mail. They were only waiting on one LOR so it's likely they had already reviewed my file and were just waiting on that to come in.

It was really nice to meet all you interviewees today! I was the crazy girl who was procrastinating studying for like an hour my babbling on and on. Sorry about that. I get excited. Anyway, I hope you all loved the school as much as I do (I really do! Even though it's the night before a test-so that should mean something :help:). If you have any more questions or anything just let me know, I love to talk....obviously :D.

Ahh!! Congrats guys! What an amazing feeling...an definitely unexpected so late at night. The call is way better than a letter though (since you know the area code means a "yes!"), no matter what time of day. Now enjoy knowing you're in!!

Way to go, guys!! :thumbup:

Hopefully I'll see you in the fall!

Thanks guys! And yes, you will definitely see me in the fall. I am in love with this school already! :)

It was really nice to meet all you interviewees today! I was the crazy girl who was procrastinating studying for like an hour my babbling on and on. Sorry about that. I get excited. Anyway, I hope you all loved the school as much as I do (I really do! Even though it's the night before a test-so that should mean something :help:). If you have any more questions or anything just let me know, I love to talk....obviously :D.

Thank you for taking the time out to sit and talk with us for so long. You don't get that kind of inside info at many schools these days - everyone is so focused on keeping their nose to the grindstone that they're not willing to give up that kind of time. :thumbup:

Just got a complete email today. How long after that until they notify you of interviews?

just canceled my interview invite. hopefully one of you fellow SDNers gets the spot. wasnt planning on going to Tennessee.

Thank you for chit chatting with us and making us feel welcome! Hope you did well on your test!

Thank you for taking the time out to sit and talk with us for so long. You don't get that kind of inside info at many schools these days - everyone is so focused on keeping their nose to the grindstone that they're not willing to give up that kind of time. :thumbup:

Hey CopToEm,

it was nice meeting you yesterday and I hope your interview went well. I'm sure you're a shoe-in...you already have a lot of ties with the school and know quite a few people. Take care!

I'm sure you're a shoe-in...you already have a lot of ties with the school and know quite a few people. Take care!

I'm sure you are as well! Good luck to you - it's going to be a long weekend!

I got a phone call about the interview an hour after I got the complete e-mail. They were only waiting on one LOR so it's likely they had already reviewed my file and were just waiting on that to come in.
You got this in the bag for sure! Fastest turn around EVER! I thought mine was crazy fast (<1 wk for interview invite), so you're good I'm sure :) I totally forgot that was the day you were at school- definitely got an email from Robin to do the tour that day, but I wasn't on campus yet when I got it and I'm in Knox as you know. Not sure who filled in, but I'm sure they did a great job!

Good luck everyone!! :luck:

You got this in the bag for sure! Fastest turn around EVER! I thought mine was crazy fast (<1 wk for interview invite), so you're good I'm sure :) I totally forgot that was the day you were at school- definitely got an email from Robin to do the tour that day, but I wasn't on campus yet when I got it and I'm in Knox as you know. Not sure who filled in, but I'm sure they did a great job!

Good luck everyone!! :luck:

They did do a great job! It's a shame you couldn't do the tour - it would have been like "Where's Waldo" as you tried to figure out which one I was. It's going to be a tremendously long weekend... that's for sure. I've learned that nothing is certain in life so my nerves are on overdrive.

I don't care what anyone says - the waiting period post-interview is the worst.

I've got an email that my file is complete and ready for the review. How long does it usually take for me hear anything about the interview?

They did do a great job! It's a shame you couldn't do the tour - it would have been like "Where's Waldo" as you tried to figure out which one I was. It's going to be a tremendously long weekend... that's for sure. I've learned that nothing is certain in life so my nerves are on overdrive.

I don't care what anyone says - the waiting period post-interview is the worst.

Agreed. But, as everyone else said, you got this! :cool:

I did things to just not think about it over the weekend. Played alot of Fallout: New Vegas, did alot of homework... tried to stay off of here so much. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, try your best not to think about it and it'll come soon enough.

I've got an email that my file is complete and ready for the review. How long does it usually take for me hear anything about the interview?

Week or two for most. Sometimes a bit longer and sometimes a bit earlier. The hardest part of applying is over and it's just awaiting game now. The good news is you're still fairly early to be complete!

Agreed. But, as everyone else said, you got this! :cool:

I did things to just not think about it over the weekend. Played alot of Fallout: New Vegas, did alot of homework... tried to stay off of here so much. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, try your best not to think about it and it'll come soon enough.

:thumbup: I've got a test to study for so no leisure time to forget about it! it's Fall Break too... What a way to spend it, huh? :)

Do any of you guys know how the ADCOMS view OOSers? I'm from LAS Vegas, NV and I really want to get in here.

Stats are 3.33 sGPA 3.53 cGPA and 28P MCAT.

Thanks!

Got the call! Good luck to everyone!

Just got the call from Dr. Stowers! Holy moly that is fast...I was only there 2 days ago. I love the personal touch with a phone call. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

Wow that was super fast!! Congratulations! :thumbup:

I feel like I'm in a whirlwind. I got the call to interview on Monday, drove down on Wednesday, and got accepted today. How could you ask for more from a school?

Just got a call from Robin to schedule my interview for Wed, Oct 26th!! This was a very fast turn around since I have only been complete since the 5th. I'm very excited!!

Just got a call from Robin to schedule my interview for Wed, Oct 26th!! This was a very fast turn around since I have only been complete since the 5th. I'm very excited!!

If you're going to stress out about any interview in this entire cycle this is not the one to stress out about. I never once had that "feeling in my gut" throughout the entire process. It's so laid back and you will seriously feel like you're among friends... because you are.

Just got the call from Dr. Stowers! Holy moly that is fast...I was only there 2 days ago. I love the personal touch with a phone call. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

Wow!!!:D

If you're going to stress out about any interview in this entire cycle this is not the one to stress out about. I never once had that "feeling in my gut" throughout the entire process. It's so laid back and you will seriously feel like you're among friends... because you are.

Thanks so much for the advice! I've heard lots of awesome things about this school!

I have to agree with this. Best interview experience I have had so far with the exception of DMU.

Got the call today too! Interviewed on Tuesday! Phew

No call here :( . I'm really worried now... I felt like the interview went great