LMU-DCOM post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know LMU-DCOM has great reviews by current students, but what about their post-bac medical program? I would love to hear from the recent graduates of this program? How many of you guys were accepted to DCOM or medical schools somewhere else? How were the courses, advising, shadowing opportunities, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I was trying to figure this out as well. Please let me know.

Thanks

I completed fall semester at LMU post bac, taking medical gross anatomy with medical students and a few other undergrad classes. I applied to LMU-DCOM and finished secondary by september. I aced the medical class and got accepted to LMU-DCOM for Fall 2012. Administration, advisors, and professors have been great in helping post-bac students. If this info helps you any.

It's a great program. Besides taking medical gross anatomy with medical students in the fall semester, students that scored above 85% in that class was allowed to take neuroanatomy in the spring semester with the medical students. Students that do well in MGA and Neuro will more than likely not be required to retake it once accepted into LMU-DCOM.

You're welcome to ask me questions if u need more info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if i answered this, but i did apply to other schools. I did not send in secondaries because I was already doing well in the program and liked the school. Pretty much knew I was staying and getting in.

what about the rest of your classmates? is everyone basically staying at LMU?

There's 28 of us, so I don't know about all of them. I would say most of the ones that did well, will be staying at DCOM because they like the program and are used to the faculty.
The hardest thing in medical school is learning how to study for that particular's school curriculum and adjusting to the different professors. Once we've done that, it's just pointless to go somewhere else and have to relearn the entire system over.

ok, thanks! I was just wondering because talking to ppl in some other programs, it seems as if people try to leave and go elsewhere. Glad that most people like it at LMU-DCOM enough to stay for med school. Feeling a LOT better about my decision. :)