LMU MS versus LECOM post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemydog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi you guys. I need help deciding between these two programs in the next week or so. Both programs offer a guaranteed interview if you have achieve a gpa >3.0.

I would like to hear from former students from both programs about the pros and cons of each, % of students who matriculate into the medical school, and etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you see that LECOM offered a guaranteed interview?

I think it's on the website as well as on my acceptance letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same situation as you last year and I decided to go with LECOM due to better rotation sites and location. I did not like the rural setting of LMU-DCOM but that is just a personal preference. I did very well in the LECOM post bacc and will be starting medical school at LECOM in July. Doing the post bacc program at LECOM was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Both programs are great but it is important to understand neither of them offer a 'guaranteed acceptance.' You need to do well in the program to ensure an acceptance. I know with the LECOM post bacc having a high GPA first semester is crucial for getting an early acceptance letter and the pathway you want. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the same situation as you last year and I decided to go with LECOM due to better rotation sites and location. I did not like the rural setting of LMU-DCOM but that is just a personal preference. I did very well in the LECOM post bacc and will be starting medical school at LECOM in July. Doing the post bacc program at LECOM was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Both programs are great but it is important to understand neither of them offer a 'guaranteed acceptance.' You need to do well in the program to ensure an acceptance. I know with the LECOM post bacc having a high GPA first semester is crucial for getting an early acceptance letter and the pathway you want. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Can I ask what things you particularly looked at besides what you mentioned when comparing the two programs? I'm comparing the lecom one with the pnwu one and am torn between the two. I'm from socal so they are both places I've never really had any experience with