LOA and scared of going back

Started by Bluesky22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

B

Bluesky22

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently on a LOA from pharmacy school and had my past semester grades wiped due to medical reasons . Now I am home deciding if I should go back or not for the following fall semester, I know its a long time from now but currently thats all I can think of, the fact that I will possibly flunk out of school next year and the fear of trying again. I havent made much friends from the past two years of being there and am scared of the financial impact pharmacy school is going to cost and how if i do flunk out later on what will I possibly do to make sure that it might not happen. Normally I am a pretty average student so until the medical event started I was doing decently well but after the event it went downhill and then uphill and became a rollercoaster as to what can happen.I don't currently have a job as well and am a long way from home so what advice would you give to a student thats having anxiety attacks 6 months before starting the semester over?
 
Don't make decisions based on fear. But also, don't make stupid decisions. I generally don't recommend entering the pharmacist job market, so explore your options.