Loan Consolidation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JefferyAustin

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 3 unsubsidized signature student loans which are all through Sallie Mae, each with their own interest rate. I am looking to consolidate them into one loan with one interest rate. My problem is that I am unsure whether my loans are Federal or private and what the Loan Code would be. Has anyone dealt with this type of loan before that can point me in the right direction? Thanks.
 
You should first start by checking with the authority that provided you the three loans. They are sure to clarify your doubts and put you on the right track.