Loan for living expenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am looking for a private loan for living expenses during my residency. I found some lenders such as Citibank, Chase, Salli Mae, myrichuncle. My residency program is not listed on Chase and Wells Fargo and thus making it difficult to apply.

Since it is for living expenses, I am looking for loans which will send directly to resident. Does someone applied thro' myrichuncle. Please give me your suggestions and advice.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Does anyone has information on the loans which can cover my living expenses during my residency? I have only a month to go. I will appreciate your input and information. Thank you

If your residency is not listed, you could call and talk to them. Many of the lenders are willing to try to reach out to different programs to get them involved and get you approved. Most of the main lenders are the ones that have a residency loan as its specialized. I wish I could be of more help to you but I am not sure what else is out there. I'd call and see what all the lenders need. Just because your program isn't listed doesn't mean you can't inquire.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused. Why would you need to take out a loan for living expenses in residency? Are there hidden expenses that I am not aware of? Or is $30-40,000 not enough to live?

For some people $40K a year might be cutting it close, especially if you live in a city with high cost of living and might have to pay back student loans. There are various reasons of why you might need a residency loans, usually its a relocation loan but I know that some people took loans in residency to help "make it through".