Loan forgiveness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premediator

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if you guys knew of any program in Texas that forgives your college debt by working as a doctor in an impoverished or rural area. Also, I've read throughout the forums on how the average salary for a family doctor isn't enough to pay off loans and live well off until after 10 years. However, does the average salary include working at hospitals as a side job as well? Because, I know most doctors back home work in their clinics and a hospital too. If so, then by working at a hospital loans could more easily be paid off.

P.S. I don't know if this post belongs here but I couldn't find a specific one for it.