Loan Forgiveness

Started by JeeDot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JeeDot

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been going over the numbers and it looks like I'll be in a lot of debt once I graduate from PT school in 2013. A lot, lot, lot of debt (>100K).

Playing around with loan calculators has shown me that the total interest I would have to pay back and my monthly payments would cripple me financially for at least a decade.

I've looked around for help and so far it appears that my best option would be to work in an under-served area at a clinic or hospital that offers a loan forgiveness program. My question is if anyone else on these boards has participated in this type of program and/or know anything about them? Also, what is the typical salary for a person participating in this type of a program, and how much of their student loans can they expect to be 'forgiven'?