Loan help?

Started by wili
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wili

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I need help making a really big decision and i thought maybe some experienced members can help me out. I am currently an entering sophomore at Syracuse University studying nutrition. I currently have about 20k in loan under my name and 2 of the loans are already starting to build interest. I am interested in becoming a PA. How long does that take and would anyone recommend me continuing at Syracuse University and taking out even more loans or should i take a semester off and go to a CUNY(City University of New York) in the spring? This is very important to me. I really love Syracuse and i am doing very well. I just don't know if I will be able to pay off my debt as a PA. All advice is appreciated.
 
What kind of loan and what is the interest rate? PAs do pretty well with salary. The PA program is 2 years but you need an undergraduate degree prior to that so that's 4 years. Go where you can afford, do well, and enjoy.