loan options

Started by drboris
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drboris

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my budget today, and I am allowed $8600 in alternative loans. My medical school recommends I choose Access as my lender, but I would like to know if anyone thinks I should use some other lender. Supposedly, Access has no origination fees if I don't need a cosigner, but I am not sure if I can defer the repayment all throughout residency, and the interest rate is currently at 3.5% but can rise with no cap.

What do you all suggest I do? Should I accept Access or go with someone else. I do not want medloans because they have 3% origination fees.

I have to decide within the next 14 days, so please help!!

Thanks