Loan Repayment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Clopidogrhelin

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I am an IMG who graduated med school a couple of months ago and will soon be entering loan repayment. However, I will not have a job or money to make those repayments until intern year starts this summer. So I'm just wondering how do I go about deferring payments for a couple more months? Do I fill out an unemployment deferment request? And if I do, is it an issue that I am not actively seeking full-time employment (or rather could not, since I def would not have been able to go on interviews all over the country while simultaneously holding down a full-time job). Are there any other ways that I can defer for a couple more months? My first experience with loans have been in the latter half of med school so I'm clueless when it comes to this and any help or advice would be great!