Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Canada has just one, small English-language OD program. Therefore I am assuming that many of the optometrists practicing in Canada are educated in the States.
However from the websites of Canadian banks it seems that the maximums on student loan for optometry are often less than tuition alone at an US optometry school. Do Canadians studying in the US and with higher expenses get higher maximum limits? Any particular banks to speak with?
Thanks for any help. 🙂 (Before anyone asks, the reason I post this here rather than simply contacting individual banks is that I have been having great difficulty getting answers to even seemingly simple questions from loans officers. I guess such loans are so rare very few have experience with them.)
However from the websites of Canadian banks it seems that the maximums on student loan for optometry are often less than tuition alone at an US optometry school. Do Canadians studying in the US and with higher expenses get higher maximum limits? Any particular banks to speak with?
Thanks for any help. 🙂 (Before anyone asks, the reason I post this here rather than simply contacting individual banks is that I have been having great difficulty getting answers to even seemingly simple questions from loans officers. I guess such loans are so rare very few have experience with them.)