loans for prostho program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawaiiguy24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'll be graduating this May, and starting a Prosth residency in June 2012. In order to pay for dental school, I've maxed out all my government loans (I'm from Canada so they are Canadian loans) and I've maxed out my private bank loan. Combined it's about 300,000 debt (my wife and I have 3 kids which adds quite a bit to the expenses:).

I know a prosth residency will be worth it and it's what I really want to do, but I'm not sure where I'm going to find the money for 3 more years! My parents are able to loan me some money but it won't be enough... also, being Canadian, I'm not eligible for Stafford loans, GradPlus, etc.

Any ideas? Any Canadians with input? Are there ways for Canadian students to access US loans?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

HOLY CRAP! I am in the EXACT same position.... Canadian, loans maxed, prosthodontics in the fall... i have no clue what i am going do do....

Hey everyone,

I'll be graduating this May, and starting a Prosth residency in June 2012. In order to pay for dental school, I've maxed out all my government loans (I'm from Canada so they are Canadian loans) and I've maxed out my private bank loan. Combined it's about 300,000 debt (my wife and I have 3 kids which adds quite a bit to the expenses:).

I know a prosth residency will be worth it and it's what I really want to do, but I'm not sure where I'm going to find the money for 3 more years! My parents are able to loan me some money but it won't be enough... also, being Canadian, I'm not eligible for Stafford loans, GradPlus, etc.

Any ideas? Any Canadians with input? Are there ways for Canadian students to access US loans?

Thanks!!

My co-resident has some sort of loan forgiveness program because she will be going back to an area of need for prosthodontists. Can you seek this type of position?