Loans question former foreign med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistborn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright I know I may get flamed and criticized for this but here goes.

A few years ago when I graduated from college I didn't get into med schools here in the states so I applied to some schools in the Carib and got into one of them. I attended this school for a year and was asked to leave because I didn't meet their academic standards. The first semester I failed two classes and was forced to repeat them and while in the second semester I passed them I didn't get the grades they wanted in both those classes and was asked to leave school.

Fast forward to 2007, I decided to reapply to schools here in the USA both MD and DO schools however I lied about ever being in a medical school because I felt that with my academic record at a foreign med school would deter schools from even inviting me for an interview let alone offering me a seat.

Now so far for the class of 2012 I have been wait listed at one school and from the remarks the head admissions made to me at my last interview early last week I feel that I am going to be offered a seat at school X.

Well while we were receiving a financial aid seminar the financial aid counselor told us that they would pull up a listing of all our previous government subsidized and unsubsidized loans and see what institution they were for. My question is this when they pull up my loans listing and see this carib school would the loan office convey that information to the admissions office and would the admissions office then revoke my seat?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If the admissions department finds out that you lied, they can indeed revoke your acceptance. The FA people have no obligation not to share that data with the admissions department. They might not, but that doesn't mean it's not something to worry about.

Also, you do realize that the state boards are going to ask about every medical school you attended? If you lie to them, that's pretty serious business. They're are going to be a lot of obstacles you're going to hit if you keep up with this.

Man this stuff will eventually surface. If I were you I'd make it surface now that you are not into deep debt. If it surfaces after 4 yrs of med school you'll be basically ruined for the rest of your life trying to repay that debt (unless you are independently wealthy of course).