Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

horsedog98

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I’m currently applying and I’m confused about the financial aid/loan situation. Can anyone who has been through this shed some light? Do you need to fill out the FAFSA for loans and is it separate for different schools? Thanks so much for any insight!
 
Hi guys I’m currently applying and I’m confused about the financial aid/loan situation. Can anyone who has been through this shed some light? Do you need to fill out the FAFSA for loans and is it separate for different schools? Thanks so much for any insight!
Yes you need to fill out the FAFSA, no you don't have to do it differently for different schools as far as i know, once you know where you're going you will just put that information on your FAFSA
 
Hi guys I’m currently applying and I’m confused about the financial aid/loan situation. Can anyone who has been through this shed some light? Do you need to fill out the FAFSA for loans and is it separate for different schools? Thanks so much for any insight!
You fill out the FAFSA like you would for undergrad and just mark all the schools you applied to minus any denials. Then you're all set! They'll offer your student loan package through whichever school you end up going to
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Is the timeline for this later after acceptances go out? I’m sorry I’m a little clueless

Yes you need to fill out the FAFSA, no you don't have to do it differently for different schools as far as i know, once you know where you're going you will just put that information on your FAFSA
 
You can do it before acceptances but you can also wait. FAFSA is open earlier now than it used to be a few years ago but depending on your school you can wait a pretty long time to do it. Barring situations with waitlists and things you'll know where you're going long before you would need to worry about being "late" with your FAFSA.
 
I think the “priority deadline” is like March 1st so I filled it out before then when I applied. Didn’t have an acceptance yet so I just sent it to all the schools I was still waiting to hear from or waitlisted at just to get it done with and out of my hair, but I’ve heard from other people who didn’t do it until MUCH later. You’ll still get loans if you do it after the “priority deadline”