Loans ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkpa2med

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to deal with loans after you finish med school? 10 yr vs 30 yr plan? Invest?

What's realistic in a purely financial matter? What type of return can you realistically expect to get on an investment and what type of investment would that be?

I'll most likely be about $200k in debt. Any words of advice are greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

There are so many different outlooks on this subject it really depends on what type of financial stragegy you use.

I'd suggest paying off private loans first, then your federal educational debts. The sooner the better since you are paying interest. If you are looking at vehicles to invest then pay off your loans I'm not good in that department but at least I'm bumping the thread for more responses as I need to get off here and study!

From what I've heard it depends on your interest rate. If it is lower than other loans (car, mortgage) and investment returns, then pay of other loans and invest. If it is higher, then pay off the school loans as well as you can each month.