• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Loans

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Verified Expert
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2001
USA
  1. Attending Physician
    Here are the eligibility requirement for federal Stafford loans:

Citizen/Eligible Noncitizen: You must be one of the following to receive federal student aid:

U.S. citizen
    U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island)
    U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
    If you're not in one of these categories, you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing one of the following designations in order to be eligible:

"Refugee"
    "Asylum Granted"
    "Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole"
    "Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending"
    "Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
    If you have only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464), you aren't eligible for federal student aid.

If you're in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa only, or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa only, you can't get federal student aid. Also, persons with G series visas (pertaining to international organizations) are not eligible for federal student aid.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.