Local Ordinance (Open Alcohol Violation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grillz789

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently a sophomore in undergrad who is passionate about Dentistry. However, I was recently given a ticket for having an open container (red cup) of alcohol on the street. Yes I understand I was a drunk dumb*** that night and understand that I must be smarter next time. But, I'm still worried that this can somewhat harm my chances of getting into dental school. I hope to apply to a 7 year program that uses the AADSAS application and don't want listing this or not listing this harm my chances. So my question is must I report an alcohol violation on my application since it is NOT a criminal offense nor misdemeanor? My college also has nothing to do with the violation either considering I was off-campus. I also have great gpa so I really don't want this to screw me over. Please someone let me know what I should do and what may happen.

Members don't see this ad.

Admissions counselors were once college students themselves. They too drank alcohol underage and probably did a lot worse stuff and got away with it. You're fine, just don't have this happen again and NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE. And yes come clean about everything, many schools require a background check before matriculation. I know a few ppl in my class who have underage alcohol possession charges, just don't apply to Loma Lida!

Reactions: 1 user
Freshman year I got a dorm violation for drinking in the dorms. They actually went as far as to list on my transcript every bit of alcohol that they took from my room (list was pretty extensive seeing as there was 13 people in my small room). I didn't mention it on my application then about 2 months later I started worrying and called the schools myself to tell them. They basically gave me the "We really don't care, we know everyone drank in college" response. I ended up getting accepted to 3 schools and i am also on the 7 year track you are talking about.

Highly unlikely this will be an issue down the road as long as you don't get a second one...or a DWI, those are really bad.