Location, Location? Finishing BS, Moving Around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLongRoad87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize there are some heated opinions on RVU, but as an active duty military member who is about about to get stationed in CO I'm curious, im actually considering sticking around and doing all my school there but not sure yet.

Im going to get my AS at PPCC and was thinking of staying in state when I seperate form the Air Force in 2013 then transferring to CO State or CU to finish my BS. Fast forward and i'm now at this point, RVU starts looking real good, won't have to relocate far and also have a heavy pref. toward D.O. at this point.

On the same subject, If I decide I want to start applying for med in an east coast state would it be better for me to try and finish my BS in that area? for instance: interest in P-COM Philly(near where I grew up), finish BS at Drexel = advantage?

Its true I would like to get back to east coast but after living in PA, NY, UT and CO, im ready for a hot, balmy place where it doesn't snow :cool: lol, and have a high interest in P-COM Georgia and Nova. I noticed Nova also has very high out of state admission numbers, this might bode well for me if I just decided to finish my BS at CU or something.

I have 3 options ive come up with, again im active duty until 2013 before I get out, but will have my AS by then:

Option #1: AS @ PPCC, BS @ CU/CO. State, Start with applying for RVU

Option #2: AS @ PPCC, BS @ CU/CO. State and then start applying to east coast D.O. schools like Nova.

Option #2 AS @ PPCC, BS @ whatever school lets say something in FL, apply to P-COM Georgia, Nova, etc

Advice/Opinions welcome

Members don't see this ad.