Locum Physiatrist?

Started by ahmad1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ahmad1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
This is the first time I am posting in the PM&R section.
I am a 3rd year medical student interested in PM&R for sometime. I also have interest in travel and locum work. After residency I would like to travel for a few years and work locum. I have heard about other specialists working few weeks/months at a location (covering for a doctor on vacation or maternity leave) before moving to a different place in the country. I was wondering how common is that in the field of PM&R?
What kind of locum PM&R jobs are mostly out there (outpt, inpt or combined)? I am not planning on working part-time. I want to work full-time and travel at the same time. Thanks.
 
I get phone calls and mailings periodically looking for locums. There is some out there for PM&R - interim positions while someone is sick, on sabatical or to fill a position temporarily until they can recruit someone full time.