Logging shadow hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alpha13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how the shadowing process works so I hope someone can advise me on this. Do I just ask the dentist to sign a note stating I shadowed X amount of hours, or is there more to it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Alpha13 said:
I'm not really sure how the shadowing process works so I hope someone can advise me on this. Do I just ask the dentist to sign a note stating I shadowed X amount of hours, or is there more to it?

Thanks
i built an .xls and keep my own records

Good question!

A better way is to ask for a letter of rec. and ask the dentist to include the # of hours you have shadowed. That way you get both. This works well if you spend some time in the dental office (a lot more then the required 30 hours for Tufts)

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
A better way is to ask for a letter of rec. and ask the dentist to include the # of hours you have shadowed. That way you get both. This works well if you spend some time in the dental office (a lot more then the required 30 hours for Tufts)

a better way is to just go to a dentist, and ask him/her if they could write and sign a letter that you worked for him and shadowed for 50+ hours...

...and when he says NO...

...just give him/her an offer he/she can't refuse... :D

iambatman said:
a better way is to just go to a dentist, and ask him/her if they could write and sign a letter that you worked for him and shadowed for 50+ hours...

...and when he says NO...

...just give him/her an offer he/she can't refuse... :D

but the better way will give you a letter of rec and confirm that you have shadowed x number of hours. Plus, a lot of schools want a LOR from a dentist.