Logging your experience hours...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubs11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you all get letters from each place you volunteered/shadowed/worked?

For each place you recorded as "experience hours" did you get a letter from that organization (ex: small animal vet, large animal vet, zoo, humane society, research)?

Or did you log the hours and have someone sign off on them?

Or did you just log the hours on the application?

I'm keeping track of my hours, but i wasn't sure if i needed to get someone to sign-off on the hours at the end of each experience, or if i needed a letter from them...

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to document the hours formally.... as long as you are keeping track.

It's pretty much on the 'honors system' - hopefully people aren't taking advantage of that.

If you are applying to cornell you will need a letter from each experience. Otherwise no letter or other confirmation is needed--althoug you will probably have a letter from some of the experiences anyway (ie as part of the three LOR's)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know NCSU wants a contact from each. Ohio State wanted something too, but I can't remember what. I can probably look it up or someone else can chime in. Let me know by PM.

I have been keeping contact information because i thought it might request that info. like on a job application.

And I'm hoping to have at least one LOR from the vet I spend the most time with.