LOI after interview deferral?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a interview deferral today from Iowa and I really don't know what to do.. Should I send a LOI or just move on and see it as a rejection? It would be nice to visit their school and learn more about their curriculum. I know people send LOI after being waitlisted/deferred but is there such thing as sending LOI before being interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think so, since you didn't get a chance to tell them why you want to go there. Like you like -------- program and your parents live in town.

When I read the title, I thought OP LOL'd at the interview deferral.

Agreed with post above.

I got a interview deferral today from Iowa and I really don't know what to do.. Should I send a LOI or just move on and see it as a rejection? It would be nice to visit their school and learn more about their curriculum. I know people send LOI after being waitlisted/deferred but is there such thing as sending LOI before being interviewed?

ive spoken to some schools and they said that if u are deferred even before an interview, u can, for whatever reason, ask to be reevluated. but then some schools have also told me, once ure "rejected" the decision cant and wont be changed.
if i were u, theres no harm is trying to contact iowa and telling them ur intrest of the school, or at least see why they rejected u and if theres anything u can do this cycle to win ur chances back or w/e