LOI enough? Or I should also include an update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rooks

Pre-med
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a late March interview, for a school that I submitted a secondary for in July. I'm submitting a LOI with a mention of my new service activity, as well as job, but should I write a whole new update letter as well? Or is that annoying/overkill? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you talk about these new activities in your interview?

Regardless, you literally just interviewed. Any further communication, I would keep short and sweet. "I loved my interview, and as I hope came across I believe I would fit in perfectly. This is also the ideal situation for me to advance in my career as a future physician. If offered admission, I would immediately accept, and I decline my other pending admissions and withdraw any pending applications."

Reactions: 2 users
Did you talk about these new activities in your interview?

Regardless, you literally just interviewed. Any further communication, I would keep short and sweet. "I loved my interview, and as I hope came across I believe I would fit in perfectly. This is also the ideal situation for me to advance in my career as a future physician. If offered admission, I would immediately accept, and I decline my other pending admissions and withdraw any pending applications."
Yeah we talked about it and also if I continued my old activities, which I did
And okayy I will stick with the LOI. I dont want to bombard them haha

Reactions: 1 user