LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimBone905

OMS4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i know that LOI usually have no outcome, but when i called an admissions person at a school i sent my app to, they told me that my application is borderline and that i should write a LOI explaining my unique situation and my interest in applying to the school. He said he would try and make a case for me to the entire committee and that he had a good feeling about me but did not make any promises. Does this mean that I have SOME sort of chance of getting an II? What kinds of things should i write in the letter to maximize my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a long shot for sure. You're going to want to write it very well and not have any mistakes. You'll want to explain why you want to go there and make sure that you relate everything back to the school's mission. If you've done anything since you applied, mention those things. Just make it seem like you are the best fit for the school because you have all the right things going for you that fit with the mission.

So i know that LOI usually have no outcome, but when i called an admissions person at a school i sent my app to, they told me that my application is borderline and that i should write a LOI explaining my unique situation and my interest in applying to the school. He said he would try and make a case for me to the entire committee and that he had a good feeling about me but did not make any promises. Does this mean that I have SOME sort of chance of getting an II? What kinds of things should i write in the letter to maximize my chances?
Worth a shot.

You need to explain why you're a good fit for the school. Just just say; prove it with examples.

Reactions: 1 user
Update:

It worked.

I was told by the adcom that I would be receiving the official invite in my email soon. The adcom told me that they think I'm a great fit but made no promises just because I got an interview cuz my mcat is kind of low. Any advice? Any chance this could lead to an A?

Reactions: 1 users