Loma Linda Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinesrocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just got invited to interview at Loma Linda University. (My first interview) Does anyone who has interviewed there before have any advice or what type of questions they ask?
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Quote below is similar to what their admissions liaison told me on a tour in January. From: Loma Linda DPT Interview
I had mine in September and I didn't bring anything with me. All you're gonna get is a small packet w/ an overview of the program. For the interview, there will be 3 total, w/ 3 different faculty / department members. You only have 10 minutes w/ each so it's pretty fast-paced. They were back-to-back too and as soon as the time was up for one, you go straight into the next room for another.

Other than the typical questions, here's what they asked:
  • "what are your viewpoints on mission trips / volunteering"
  • "what about the program do you think will be the most challenging for you"
  • "how would you teach someone who has no background knowledge about cars how to drive" (it was to test my on-the-spot critical thinking abilities)
  • One of the interviewers gave me a hypothetical situation and asked how I would respond to it. He said it was to test my ethical behavior in a PT setting.
  • A fellow interviewee told me he was asked about his testimony, like how he was converted.
Because of the time limit, they'll only ask about 4 questions each. And at the end of each interview, they let you ask them any questions you might have about the program or Loma Linda in general so I'd say come prepared w/ some. If I could just one piece of advice though, it would be to study their mission and core values and then try to showcase those traits in the interview.

Hope this helps!! Good luck :happy:
[/QUOTE]

008/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I just got invited to interview at Loma Linda University. (My first interview) Does anyone who has interviewed there before have any advice or what type of questions they ask?
Thank you so much!
Have you had your interview ? If it’s okay to ask, I’m curious to know how it went! ?

Have you had your interview ? If it’s okay to ask, I’m curious to know how it went! ?

I got accepted! The questions were similar to what the person above stated and it was just very casual overall! They really wanted applicants to feel comfortable and made that very clear. They also had current DPT students helping run the interview process and they were all incredibly nice and encouraging! The first interviewer asked questions genuinely wanting to get to you know you as a person, where you're from, etc. The second interviewer asked me questions on ethics and the third interviewer asked me common interview questions. Probably about 3-4 questions each.

Thank you so much! That's great advice.

Hi! I saw that you got accepted to Loma Linda! May I ask what is your stats? How many students were in the same interview pool with you altogether? I just sent in my application and awaiting for an interview invitation. I’m scared that seats are filling up quickly, making extremely hard to get into the program ):

They told me to be considered competitive, one will want a GPA of 3.6 or higher in science and non-science and that my science GPA for them is 3.68 and non-science 3.9.

There were 4 students in my interview pool.

Good luck!

Hi. I was wondering if there is anyone on here who’s part of the Class of 2024 and looking into finding roommates for this upcoming summer?