-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Loma Linda Interview
Started by ramforte
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
that is probably b/c theyr interview is extremely short, so they have a lot more time slots
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the interview was relatively laid back and short. Sign in more than 30 min before your scheduled interview time- trust me!😀 They tell you to come 15 minutes before and you'll wish you came earlier if you don't. For those who don't know: when the interview is formal enough to require a suit and tie- come earlier than they ask you to be there- it's part of the whole "respect" thing where you want to give off the image of, "this interview is very important to me." During the interview, LLU will ask a lot of questions about your family and your dedication and level of spirituality. THIS SHOULD NOT SURPRISE YOU- unless you had someone else fill out the secondary for you. It blows me away how frequently people complain that the interview was all about their family and faith- SO WAS THE SECONDARY! So how does this surprise so many people. If you made up anything on your secondary- the interview will be rough. But if you were straight forward and they still invited you- then the interview will be straight forward. I second what others have said about the students being so happy and relaxed. That's how I want to spend the next 4 years. This remains a top pick for me.
A second year d-student told me that about 75 out of the 90 students in his class are SDA, wow that's more than 80% SDA'ers that matriculated. That's making me a lil nervous now, seeing that I interviewed there last month and I'm non-SDA. 🙁
A second year d-student told me that about 75 out of the 90 students in his class are SDA, wow that's more than 80% SDA'ers that matriculated. That's making me a lil nervous now, seeing that I interviewed there last month and I'm non-SDA. 🙁
dumb question: what is SDA?
dumb question: what is SDA?
Seventh Day Adventist. It's a religion
dumb question: what is SDA?
Only a dumb question if you already applied there.

Only a dumb question if you already applied there.![]()
Haha, yeah I haven't.. maybe next year though...
I actually haven't even heard of SDA... but maybe its just not big in NJ, now i am curious.
Its strange to me that schools are actually allowed to chose students by religion, but I guess they can do whatever they want 🙂
I wonder if they'd take someone looking for religion, cause thats kind of the spiritual place I'm in right now...
Actually the LLU interview was all about how strong you are in your particular faith. The SDAs have a lot of interesting practices. Aside from regarding Saturday as a "day of rest" they also strictly adhere to health codes which prohibit tobacco, drugs, and alcohol. They advise against caffeine and meat- in fact the cafeteria is vegetarian at the school. Very few religions are like them and say NO ALCOHOL, EVER and avoid addicting stimulants like coffee- similar to the "Mormons". If you want to know more about the code of conduct required by SDAs and the rest of LLU- check out www.adventist.org/beliefs/Haha, yeah I haven't.. maybe next year though...
I actually haven't even heard of SDA... but maybe its just not big in NJ, now i am curious.
Its strange to me that schools are actually allowed to chose students by religion, but I guess they can do whatever they want 🙂
I wonder if they'd take someone looking for religion, cause thats kind of the spiritual place I'm in right now...
I also found www.mormon.org and it was very interesting.
If you attend LLU they will expect sobriety- this surprises many applicants.

Actually the LLU interview was all about how strong you are in your particular faith. The SDAs have a lot of interesting practices. Aside from regarding Saturday as a "day of rest" they also strictly adhere to health codes which prohibit tobacco, drugs, and alcohol. They advise against caffeine and meat- in fact the cafeteria is vegetarian at the school. Very few religions are like them and say NO ALCOHOL, EVER and avoid addicting stimulants like coffee- similar to the "Mormons". If you want to know more about the code of conduct required by SDAs and the rest of LLU- check out www.adventist.org/beliefs/
I also found www.mormon.org and it was very interesting.
If you attend LLU they will expect sobriety- this surprises many applicants.![]()
Thanks! I wonder if my wine tasting class in college would be frowned upon... 🙄
I guess they wouldn't like me... I am a very spiritual, but have never been into an organized religion (guess that wouldn't look good). My dad is jewish and my mom is catholic... So Ive always had strong faith, but its been a compromise of the 2 religions...
but as for being sober thats no problem with me... i rarely drink, and its only a glass of wine once in a blue moon
Yeah that is interesting to think about how they would react to that wine tasting class. They might not care if you commit to sobriety- on the other hand they have tons of great applicants and can really be choosy about who they accept.Thanks! I wonder if my wine tasting class in college would be frowned upon... 🙄
I guess they wouldn't like me... I am a very spiritual, but have never been into an organized religion (guess that wouldn't look good). My dad is jewish and my mom is catholic... So Ive always had strong faith, but its been a compromise of the 2 religions...
but as for being sober thats no problem with me... i rarely drink, and its only a glass of wine once in a blue moon
yay for u guys! i just got an interview invite too! woohoo!
not SDA ..any tips of how to prepare for the LLU interview? (and i mean like religious base prep) ..do they frown down upon you if ur truly devoted to a non-SDA religion (like Buddhism or Catholicsm?)
not SDA ..any tips of how to prepare for the LLU interview? (and i mean like religious base prep) ..do they frown down upon you if ur truly devoted to a non-SDA religion (like Buddhism or Catholicsm?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They DO want to see strong commitment to your religion and to their goal "Fulfill the Mission of Christ through making man whole"- as well as to their moral code. They asked me if I was worried about being converted to their faith while there- I couldn't help but chuckle- but it went over well- they wanted to see a lot of confidence on this point.yay for u guys! i just got an interview invite too! woohoo!
not SDA ..any tips of how to prepare for the LLU interview? (and i mean like religious base prep) ..do they frown down upon you if ur truly devoted to a non-SDA religion (like Buddhism or Catholicsm?)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 929
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 7K