LOMA LINDA PHARMACY C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawmalade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Just submitted my secondary app on nov. 3
did anyone hear back for an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Nov 1st, they started interviews on Oct. 31st

I interviewed on Nov 1st, they started interviews on Oct. 31st
ooh.. i havent heard anything from them ... :/
can i ask what kind of questions they asked during the interview?

ooh.. i havent heard anything from them ... :/
can i ask what kind of questions they asked during the interview?

The interview is very causal, the interviewer talked more than I did. Basically asked me to introduce myself and it went from there depending on what I said.

The interview is very causal, the interviewer talked more than I did. Basically asked me to introduce myself and it went from there depending on what I said.
did you turn your apps early? cause I still haven't received anything from them :/

did you turn your apps early? cause I still haven't received anything from them :/

I remember them giving me a two week deadline to turn in the app, so I probably turned it in during the last days of September.

Do you really need a letter from a pastor to apply? I haven't seen mine in awhile.

did anyone else not hear from them either..?
Be patient.
I was interviewed on November 16, and LLU accepted me on November 21. Arnie should call you if you are invited for an interview or you are accepted after the interview.

Be patient.
I was interviewed on November 16, and LLU accepted me on November 21. Arnie should call you if you are invited for an interview or you are accepted after the interview.
Can I ask for your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask for your stats?
My stats:
Graduated from UCSD with B.S in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Overall G.P.A ~ 3.39
Overall Science G.P.A ~ 3.33
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Worked as a pharmacy volunteer for 100 hours at UCSD Medical Center Hill Crest.
Other Extracurricular Activities

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
My stats:
Graduated from UCSD with B.S in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Overall G.P.A = 3.36
Overall Science G.P.A = 3.31
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Worked as a pharmacy volunteer for 100 hours at UCSD Medical Center Hill Crest.
Other Extracurricular Activities

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
nicee! congrats on LLU! are u gonna attend or still waiting for other schools?

nicee! congrats on LLU! are u gonna attend or still waiting for other schools?
I am not sure yet. I am still waiting for USC. If they don't get back to me by this week, I am putting my deposit on LLU.
Is LLU your first choice? If so, why do you want to attend LLU?

Got my acceptance letter two weeks ago :D

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure yet. I am still waiting for USC. If they don't get back to me by this week, I am putting my deposit on LLU.
Is LLU your first choice? If so, why do you want to attend LLU?
i know this sounds super risky but I only applied to LLU!
ever since a young age i've been a very religious person so I wanted to attend a school that emphasizes their faith!
but i didn't get an interview call yet :/

i know this sounds super risky but I only applied to LLU!
ever since a young age i've been a very religious person so I wanted to attend a school that emphasizes their faith!
but i didn't get an interview call yet :/
Don't worry too much about it. They are going to conduct interviews until the end of March.

I have an interview next week! How was the interview? Any tips?
Review the interview questions posted on Student Doctor Network. Don't be nervous. You will interview with two professors, and they are really friendly and will have conversations with you rather than you do most of the talking.
Don't sweat on an on-site essay; it will ask you a general question that you will be able to answer from your experience. I would practice writing an essay on a random topic.

Good Luck on the interview !

Review the interview questions posted on Student Doctor Network. Don't be nervous. You will interview with two professors, and they are really friendly and will have conversations with you rather than you do most of the talking.
Don't sweat on an on-site essay; it will ask you a general question that you will be able to answer from your experience. I would practice writing an essay on a random topic.

Good Luck on the interview !

Thanks for the advice! That's definitely helped calm my nerves a lot! :)

I have an interview next week! How was the interview? Any tips?
hi can i ask when you turned in your supplemental apps? i turned mine in the beginning of november. still waiting for my interview call (if i get one)

hi can i ask when you turned in your supplemental apps? i turned mine in the beginning of november. still waiting for my interview call (if i get one)

I turned in my supplemental app Oct. 24 so maybe you'll hear about an interview soon!

Does anyone know if Loma Linda will look at academic updates strongly?

Does anyone know if Loma Linda will look at academic updates strongly?
I asked Cindy, who works at LLU admission office, about that. She told me that doing the academic update may or may not affect the waitlist position. I am not sure if submitting academic update would affect the chance of receiving an interview.

Woot!!!! I interviewed last Thursday 12/8 and received a phone call from Cindy 20 mins ago that I was accepted!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Congrats !
Are you going to attend LLU?
To be honest, I have an offer at Touro california as well and I do not know where I want to go. My brother goes to LLU and he said he liked it there.. I just dont know hahaha

Last edited:
For those who want to know my Stats which are:
B.S. Psych with Honors.
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA:3.4
Extracurricular: 1) Taught English in Vietnam for 2 months.
2) Volunteered at Emergency Room for 2 quarters.
3) Volunteers at the library for 3 years.
4) Volunteered with Los Medicos flying Doctors.
Other volunteering but I forgot.
can i ask when you turned in your secondary app? havent received a call yet... maybe its cus i didnt graduate college yet?

I asked Cindy, who works at LLU admission office, about that. She told me that doing the academic update may or may not affect the waitlist position. I am not sure if submitting academic update would affect the chance of receiving an interview.
i really hope it doesnt.... cause i did really bad this quarter :/ hope it doesn't affect my chances...

can i ask when you turned in your secondary app? havent received a call yet... maybe its cus i didnt graduate college yet?
I submitted my secondary on 11/15 and received a call like on 12/1 for an interview on 12/8.

To be honest, I have an offer at Touro california as well and I do not know where I want to go. My sister goes to LLU and she said she like it there.. I just dont know hahaha
Did you apply to other pharmacy schools?

I submitted my secondary on 11/15 and received a call like on 12/1 for an interview on 12/8.
hmm.. i turned my secondary app on the first week of november....... didnt get a call yet.. what questions did they ask you

They asked basic interview questions like why LLU, why Pharmacy? What one thing you did that change your life? Describe a leadership role. Just be yourself and I am sure you will do fine!

Nope that's it

If LLU and Touro University are only choices, I would pick LLU over Touro University. If you attend LLU, it would cost you about $59,289 per year (this includes living expenses and books/supplement). If you live near LLU, it would be cheaper to commute at LLU. However, Touro University costs about $80,000 annually (tuition+ living expenses). After looking at the tuition of Touro University, I would rather save my money to attend USC than Touro University. Thus, it would be wiser if you pick LLU over Touro University. Your ability to obtain retail/community/hospital pharmacy positions sometimes depends on pharmacy school ranking. According to U.S. News & World Report, LLU is ranked 88 while Touro University isn't ranked top 100.

If LLU and Touro University are only choices, I would pick LLU over Touro University. If you attend LLU, it would cost you about $59,289 per year (this includes living expenses and books/supplement). If you live near LLU, it would be cheaper to commute at LLU. However, Touro University costs about $80,000 annually (tuition+ living expenses). After looking at the tuition of Touro University, I would rather save my money to attend USC than Touro University. Thus, it would be wiser if you pick LLU over Touro University. Your ability to obtain retail/community/hospital pharmacy positions sometimes depends on pharmacy school ranking. According to U.S. News & World Report, LLU is ranked 88 while Touro University isn't ranked top 100.
What if I live an hour away from Touro? Plus I thought Touro tuition is the same as LLU which is 45k?

What if I live an hour away from Touro? Plus I thought Touro tuition is the same as LLU which is 45k?
maybe itll be cheaper if u attend touro since u live 1 hr away so that means u can commute?