You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LOMA LINDA PHARMACY C/O 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yup scheduled for next week
Just wondering when u submitted your secondary apps? I havent heard back from themyup scheduled for next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooh.. i havent heard anything from them ... :/I interviewed on Nov 1st, they started interviews on Oct. 31st
can i ask what kind of questions they asked during the interview?
ooh.. i havent heard anything from them ... :/
can i ask what kind of questions they asked during the interview?
The interview is very causal, the interviewer talked more than I did. Basically asked me to introduce myself and it went from there depending on what I said.
did you turn your apps early? cause I still haven't received anything from them :/The interview is very causal, the interviewer talked more than I did. Basically asked me to introduce myself and it went from there depending on what I said.
did you turn your apps early? cause I still haven't received anything from them :/
I remember them giving me a two week deadline to turn in the app, so I probably turned it in during the last days of September.
did anyone else not hear from them either..?
You need a letter from a pastor to apply.Do you really need a letter from a pastor to apply? I haven't seen mine in awhile.
Be patient.did anyone else not hear from them either..?
I was interviewed on November 16, and LLU accepted me on November 21. Arnie should call you if you are invited for an interview or you are accepted after the interview.
Can I ask for your stats?Be patient.
I was interviewed on November 16, and LLU accepted me on November 21. Arnie should call you if you are invited for an interview or you are accepted after the interview.
My stats:Can I ask for your stats?
Graduated from UCSD with B.S in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Overall G.P.A ~ 3.39
Overall Science G.P.A ~ 3.33
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Worked as a pharmacy volunteer for 100 hours at UCSD Medical Center Hill Crest.
Other Extracurricular Activities
If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited:
nicee! congrats on LLU! are u gonna attend or still waiting for other schools?My stats:
Graduated from UCSD with B.S in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Overall G.P.A = 3.36
Overall Science G.P.A = 3.31
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Worked as a pharmacy volunteer for 100 hours at UCSD Medical Center Hill Crest.
Other Extracurricular Activities
If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure yet. I am still waiting for USC. If they don't get back to me by this week, I am putting my deposit on LLU.nicee! congrats on LLU! are u gonna attend or still waiting for other schools?
Is LLU your first choice? If so, why do you want to attend LLU?
i know this sounds super risky but I only applied to LLU!I am not sure yet. I am still waiting for USC. If they don't get back to me by this week, I am putting my deposit on LLU.
Is LLU your first choice? If so, why do you want to attend LLU?
ever since a young age i've been a very religious person so I wanted to attend a school that emphasizes their faith!
but i didn't get an interview call yet :/
cong
congrats! can i ask when you sent your supplementary app? i'm not hearing anything yetGot my acceptance letter two weeks ago 😀
Don't worry too much about it. They are going to conduct interviews until the end of March.i know this sounds super risky but I only applied to LLU!
ever since a young age i've been a very religious person so I wanted to attend a school that emphasizes their faith!
but i didn't get an interview call yet :/
I have an interview next week! How was the interview? Any tips?
Review the interview questions posted on Student Doctor Network. Don't be nervous. You will interview with two professors, and they are really friendly and will have conversations with you rather than you do most of the talking.I have an interview next week! How was the interview? Any tips?
Don't sweat on an on-site essay; it will ask you a general question that you will be able to answer from your experience. I would practice writing an essay on a random topic.
Good Luck on the interview !
Review the interview questions posted on Student Doctor Network. Don't be nervous. You will interview with two professors, and they are really friendly and will have conversations with you rather than you do most of the talking.
Don't sweat on an on-site essay; it will ask you a general question that you will be able to answer from your experience. I would practice writing an essay on a random topic.
Good Luck on the interview !
Thanks for the advice! That's definitely helped calm my nerves a lot! 🙂
hi can i ask when you turned in your supplemental apps? i turned mine in the beginning of november. still waiting for my interview call (if i get one)I have an interview next week! How was the interview? Any tips?
hi can i ask when you turned in your supplemental apps? i turned mine in the beginning of november. still waiting for my interview call (if i get one)
I turned in my supplemental app Oct. 24 so maybe you'll hear about an interview soon!
did you have your interview? 🙂I turned in my supplemental app Oct. 24 so maybe you'll hear about an interview soon!
did you have your interview? 🙂
Not yet! It's tomorrow! 🙂 Any news for you?
sighh... no 🙁 hope they call soon....Not yet! It's tomorrow! 🙂 Any news for you?
tell me how the interview goes! good luck!
howd the interview go? 🙂 what questions did they ask you..?Not yet! It's tomorrow! 🙂 Any news for you?
Does anyone know if Loma Linda will look at academic updates strongly?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked Cindy, who works at LLU admission office, about that. She told me that doing the academic update may or may not affect the waitlist position. I am not sure if submitting academic update would affect the chance of receiving an interview.Does anyone know if Loma Linda will look at academic updates strongly?
Congrats !Woot!!!! I interviewed last Thursday 12/8 and received a phone call from Cindy 20 mins ago that I was accepted!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!
Are you going to attend LLU?
To be honest, I have an offer at Touro california as well and I do not know where I want to go. My brother goes to LLU and he said he liked it there.. I just dont know hahahaCongrats !
Are you going to attend LLU?
Last edited:
can i ask when you turned in your secondary app? havent received a call yet... maybe its cus i didnt graduate college yet?For those who want to know my Stats which are:
B.S. Psych with Honors.
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA:3.4
Extracurricular: 1) Taught English in Vietnam for 2 months.
2) Volunteered at Emergency Room for 2 quarters.
3) Volunteers at the library for 3 years.
4) Volunteered with Los Medicos flying Doctors.
Other volunteering but I forgot.
i really hope it doesnt.... cause i did really bad this quarter :/ hope it doesn't affect my chances...I asked Cindy, who works at LLU admission office, about that. She told me that doing the academic update may or may not affect the waitlist position. I am not sure if submitting academic update would affect the chance of receiving an interview.
can i also ask what questions they asked you?Woot!!!! I interviewed last Thursday 12/8 and received a phone call from Cindy 20 mins ago that I was accepted!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!
I submitted my secondary on 11/15 and received a call like on 12/1 for an interview on 12/8.can i ask when you turned in your secondary app? havent received a call yet... maybe its cus i didnt graduate college yet?
Did you apply to other pharmacy schools?To be honest, I have an offer at Touro california as well and I do not know where I want to go. My sister goes to LLU and she said she like it there.. I just dont know hahaha
hmm.. i turned my secondary app on the first week of november....... didnt get a call yet.. what questions did they ask youI submitted my secondary on 11/15 and received a call like on 12/1 for an interview on 12/8.
Nope that's itDid you apply to other pharmacy schools?
howd the interview go? 🙂 what questions did they ask you..?
It went super well! 🙂 I actually just got the call yesterday that I am accepted!!! But they just asked the basic questions.. why pharmacy.. etc.
Are you going to LLU? If so why?It went super well! 🙂 I actually just got the call yesterday that I am accepted!!! But they just asked the basic questions.. why pharmacy.. etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope that's it
If LLU and Touro University are only choices, I would pick LLU over Touro University. If you attend LLU, it would cost you about $59,289 per year (this includes living expenses and books/supplement). If you live near LLU, it would be cheaper to commute at LLU. However, Touro University costs about $80,000 annually (tuition+ living expenses). After looking at the tuition of Touro University, I would rather save my money to attend USC than Touro University. Thus, it would be wiser if you pick LLU over Touro University. Your ability to obtain retail/community/hospital pharmacy positions sometimes depends on pharmacy school ranking. According to U.S. News & World Report, LLU is ranked 88 while Touro University isn't ranked top 100.
What if I live an hour away from Touro? Plus I thought Touro tuition is the same as LLU which is 45k?If LLU and Touro University are only choices, I would pick LLU over Touro University. If you attend LLU, it would cost you about $59,289 per year (this includes living expenses and books/supplement). If you live near LLU, it would be cheaper to commute at LLU. However, Touro University costs about $80,000 annually (tuition+ living expenses). After looking at the tuition of Touro University, I would rather save my money to attend USC than Touro University. Thus, it would be wiser if you pick LLU over Touro University. Your ability to obtain retail/community/hospital pharmacy positions sometimes depends on pharmacy school ranking. According to U.S. News & World Report, LLU is ranked 88 while Touro University isn't ranked top 100.
maybe itll be cheaper if u attend touro since u live 1 hr away so that means u can commute?What if I live an hour away from Touro? Plus I thought Touro tuition is the same as LLU which is 45k?
anyone still waiting for an interview?
I am not going to commute an hour to school lolanyone still waiting for an interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K