Quantcast

Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone heard how full the class is yet? And has anyone been accepted lately and if so, when did you interview?
 

Jcrichards

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I was accepted 2 weeks ago, after interviewing in November.
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
if im not mistaking about half the positions were gone by december, hope it helps :rolleyes:
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Jcrichards said:
I was accepted 2 weeks ago, after interviewing in November.

congrats on that. i hope to be getting mine soon. i talked to the lady in the office the other day and she said that about half of the spots are filled, and that they arent really doing more interviews.. although, they still have some left.. acceptances can be sent out anytime as well, and they have rejected people after they have interviewed..
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
drtwd said:
congrats on that. i hope to be getting mine soon. i talked to the lady in the office the other day and she said that about half of the spots are filled, and that they arent really doing more interviews.. although, they still have some left.. acceptances can be sent out anytime as well, and they have rejected people after they have interviewed..

Oh so they don't do a mass rejection/acceptance at particular dates... man i hope we hear from them soon, i am getting nervous :scared: ...Drtwd when was your interview?
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
llGSll K9 said:
Oh so they don't do a mass rejection/acceptance at particular dates... man i hope we hear from them soon, i am getting nervous :scared: ...Drtwd when was your interview?

i interviewed there on the 15th of December. when did you interview? and no, they dont have mass acceptances.. they take their time and thoroughly go through everything.. it should be encouraging that we havent gotten a rejection though.. they said those have gone out along with acceptances after people interview.. good luck though.. let me know if you hear anything.. either pm me or just write on this thread.. and if you call and they tell you something different let me know too..
 

smoothherb

New Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
drtwd said:
Has anyone heard how full the class is yet? And has anyone been accepted lately and if so, when did you interview?


I know that the class is 50% full. I had my interview last week and the interviewer said that i would know by the first week of march. :)
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
drtwd said:
i interviewed there on the 15th of December. when did you interview? and no, they dont have mass acceptances.. they take their time and thoroughly go through everything.. it should be encouraging that we havent gotten a rejection though.. they said those have gone out along with acceptances after people interview.. good luck though.. let me know if you hear anything.. either pm me or just write on this thread.. and if you call and they tell you something different let me know too..

i called them today and they said same thing u mentioned :) ..so i guess we gotta wait and see..my interview was at the end of Jan.. ...oh i also asked if there was deadline by which we all get a response she said no...wish u all the best :) if anyone else got any updates plz share the loooove lol
 

kew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
I interviewed on Nov. 30 and called and talked to them yesterday and I was told that my file still hasn't been in to see the committee yet. So, LET'S SEE IF I HAVE THIS RIGHT.... a guy that interviewed a week ago will know the results of his interview this week and I interviewed 3 months ago and don't know anything at all. What the heck is going on? WHEN WILL I KNOW..THE YAY OR THE NAY?
 

belle123

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
smoothherb said:
I know that the class is 50% full. I had my interview last week and the interviewer send that i would know by the first week of march. :)

Smoothherb, did you hear back from LL?
 

jokerjoe12

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
78
Reaction score
1
I hear you Kew, i interviewed november 9th and my file is still waiting to be reviewed! thats like 120 days ago or 1/3 of a year! do i want it that bad? i guess not
 
Members don't see this ad :)

teefRcool

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
When you guys all applied for your letter of rec did you guys have a preist or a religious figure do it or was it someone else like a friend or something. I wanna get a gist to see if they interviewed more of the people that had a preist of some type of religious figure write it, as opposed to someone who knows you well.
tnx
 

kew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
I had my bishop do mine. And he does know me well, so that worked out well. In fact, I was given an interview only to find out 3 weeks after my interview that they hadn't even gotten that particular LOR yet. The secretary didn't know how that slid by, but apparently it did. Anyways, good luck. Kenny
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
I called them today and the lady said that acceptances aren't going out soon and she doesn't expect the ad com to meet this week. I don't know why they said first week of March. They must be experiencing difficulties.
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
stryder said:
I called them today and the lady said that acceptances aren't going out soon and she doesn't expect the ad com to meet this week. I don't know why they said first week of March. They must be experiencing difficulties.

Man waiting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally sucks its killing me :(
 

ms juiicy

New Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
does anyone know if being on the waitlist for LLU pretty much means rejection? :(

The letter states that they have not numbered their alternates at this time meaning?... they'll number them later? lottery-style?
 

jokerjoe12

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
78
Reaction score
1
I got the letter today too... they made it seem like it was a big fat NO. watever i love coffee and cigarettes too much ... ooppps did i lie on my supplemental?
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Does this mean all the spots are taken??!!!
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
when did you all interview?? i havent received anything and they keep saying that my application is going into review.. i interviewed on the 15th of Dec.. i called yesterday and they didnt say i was on the waiting list or anything.. i dont think anything has been mailed out for me yet.. and no the class is not full yet because the lady said that it was a bit over 50% full as of right now.. meaning prolly 50 students have accepted their acceptances.. there are 95 spots as well..
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
I just talked to them today and they said that the class is pretty much full. Their just waiting to hear back from some people.
 

ms juiicy

New Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
i interviewed on dec. 27th.

i called them today as well and the lady said she didn't know how full the class was nor how many people are on the waitlist right now. just great :confused:
 
Members don't see this ad :)

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
ms juiicy said:
i interviewed on dec. 27th.

i called them today as well and the lady said she didn't know how full the class was nor how many people are on the waitlist right now. just great :confused:

I dont understand how can they not know how full their class is??? like i know they have made offers to some, who havent replied to them but still they gotta know the number of ppl who said yes.....Unless they wanna keep it a secret LOL :(
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Hey does everyone get this letter from them regarding financial aid regardless of admission status? Just curious cause I just got the letter today and I haven't even interviewed yet.
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
stryder said:
Hey does everyone get this letter from them regarding financial aid regardless of admission status? Just curious cause I just got the letter today and I haven't even interviewed yet.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any input?
 
D

DATRAT

You probably filled out your fafsa and marked loma linda as one of your schools to recieve the info. This is probably just a letter letting you know that they got it. I also know that the admissions com. isn't suppose to be meeting again for a few weeks so don't hold your breath!
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
DATRAT said:
You probably filled out your fafsa and marked loma linda as one of your schools to recieve the info. This is probably just a letter letting you know that they got it. I also know that the admissions com. isn't suppose to be meeting again for a few weeks so don't hold your breath!

really, did you call them today and thats what they said.. or do you have some inside info?
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
how many ppl do they interview for the 95 spots ?
 
D

DATRAT

drtwd said:
really, did you call them today and thats what they said.. or do you have some inside info?

I talked to one of the admissions ladies and she said that the adcom wouldn't be meeting for about 3 weeks.
 

kew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
OK, let's see if I got this straight. First of all, I've been calling and speaking with the secretaries every few weeks for the last month and a half. And each time, they tell me that the Adcom won't be meeting that week. This leaves me to believe or question if an ADCOM EVEN EXISTS AT LOMA LINDA!!!!!
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
anyone heard anything lately?
 
Members don't see this ad :)

kew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
Only Souncs Of Crickets!!!!!!
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
I interviewed there on this past Wednesday... my interviewer said that at this point if you haven't heard anything they are basically accepting people to the waitlist and then moving on from there. Slim chance still I guess...
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
just an update... I called today and the lady said that the adcom was going to meet mid-april to make final decisions
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
stryder said:
just an update... I called today and the lady said that the adcom was going to meet mid-april to make final decisions
Thanks Stryder, i guess just gotta wait 4 more weeks :cool:
lets hope i dotn go completly crazy by then lol :p
 

USUaggie

bringing ugly back
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
581
Reaction score
2
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, one of our professors (who is on the adcom) just let us know that the incoming class is full and it was pretty competetive. There could possibly be a small outside chance that people will decide to go elsewhere and a few spots might open up, but at this point it looks pretty bleak.
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Anyone heard anything lately? Mid April was supposed tobe final decision time
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
I decided to answer my own question... I called and they said that the commitee just met and they are in the process of sending letters to all those that have not yet received one. The lady said to expect a letter by Monday the 17th. I assume most of these will be waitlist or rejection letters since their class is very very full
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hi stry
i was actually planing on callind them today but then i saw ur post...best of luck to u
 

drtwd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
yup.. i talked to sharron today and she said that the letters went out yesterday and today.. hopefully we all get some good news.. best of luck to you all..
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Why cant they FedEx it or somehting lol..waiting is killing me :laugh: sowwie just lettin out some stress!!
 

kew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
just got my rejection yesterday
I interviewed Nov20th.
 

stryder

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
same here... interviewed mid-march
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
yup its official just got my rejection letter today also...my interview was @ the end of jan
 
Top