Lonely for e-mail...

Corker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Anyone else lonely for those exciting new secondary notices and interview invites in your e-mail box? I guess this may belong on the Interview Hiatus thread, but I'm seriously feeling stressed, frustrated, etc. because I feel like there is no MOVEMENT. I like things to MOVE FORWARD...uh, yea I'm a type A. All I have is SDN, now.... just keep posting....keep posting....keep posting....:eek::eek::eek:

Textuality

10+ Year Member
    May 16, 2007
    1. Medical Student
      Aww..sorry you're feeling stressed. You can always try to distract yourself by doing some early holiday present shopping :) Or OD-ing on turkey and cranberry sauce and sink into a nice Thanksgiving-coma for a few days, heh.

About the Ads

Corker

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Oct 24, 2007
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        See! I knew I'd feel better with a little SDN love!!! I'm ashamed for feeling sorry for myself. I've had very good luck with this process so far. I'm just waiting on a couple of important schools and I'm getting nervous. Yes....turkey will be good. Football will be relaxing. Coma......ahhhh.....

So sorry about your rejection from Brown, aimsz88. I guess I should count my blessings.

aaj117

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 5, 2007
        NYC
        1. Medical Student
          See! I knew I'd feel better with a little SDN love!!! I'm ashamed for feeling sorry for myself. I've had very good luck with this process so far. I'm just waiting on a couple of important schools and I'm getting nervous. Yes....turkey will be good. Football will be relaxing. Coma......ahhhh.....

So sorry about your rejection from Brown, aimsz88. I guess I should count my blessings.
          Don't be ashamed of being stressed/feeling sorry for yourself, that's what this process is about. No matter how well it's going, there is always that one school/city you're dying to hear from that leaves you in suspense and we definitley all feel it. While yes, we should definitely count our blessings if the season is going well, that doesn't mean we can't be neurotic about the one or two changes we want!

drizzt3117

chick magnet
          10+ Year Member
          Oct 29, 2006
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Don't be ashamed of being stressed/feeling sorry for yourself, that's what this process is about. No matter how well it's going, there is always that one school/city you're dying to hear from that leaves you in suspense and we definitley all feel it. While yes, we should definitely count our blessings if the season is going well, that doesn't mean we can't be neurotic about the one or two changes we want!

Gotta love premeds! This reminds me of that South Park episode where Kyle gives the homeless guy his entire life savings of $20 and he asks him for more change...

Speaking of which, I should post on the hiatus thread :)

aaj117

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Jul 5, 2007
            NYC
            1. Medical Student
              Gotta love premeds! This reminds me of that South Park episode where Kyle gives the homeless guy his entire life savings of $20 and he asks him for more change...

Speaking of which, I should post on the hiatus thread :)
              i honestly don't think this is just an anal premed thing; of course i'm more than thankful for the luck i've had, but why shuold that stop me from hoping to get to be in a certain city or at a certain school? Just because we've had luck doesn't mean we should give up hope for more.

drizzt3117

chick magnet
              10+ Year Member
              Oct 29, 2006
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                i honestly don't think this is just an anal premed thing; of course i'm more than thankful for the luck i've had, but why shuold that stop me from hoping to get to be in a certain city or at a certain school? Just because we've had luck doesn't mean we should give up hope for more.

Oh, I think we all are, I'm just saying... have you ever met a premed that is satisfied with the application cycle?

aaj117

10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Jul 5, 2007
                NYC
                1. Medical Student
                  Oh, I think we all are, I'm just saying... have you ever met a premed that is satisfied with the application cycle?
                  fair....i'd like to say myself...and i'm like 99% satisfied. I just want one more NY interview and wish my Brown one had gone better...haha...i'd definitely call myself satisfied, but i could be more than satisfied. OKAY OKAY I"M A BIG FAT PRE-MED!!!

Quix

Herr Professor
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  10+ Year Member
                  Jul 8, 2006
                  Lake Charles, LA
                  1. Academic Administration
                    KimJongIl-743826.jpg

I'm so ronery,
                    so ronery,
                    so ronery and sadry arone...

aimsz88

10+ Year Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    Aug 12, 2005
                      yeah, i wasn't kidding when i said somebody could take my rejection email from brown today..

an email! couldn't even put in the 50 cents it takes to print and mail me a frickin rejection letter...

sorry. im really getting worn down by this...

4 rejections, 1 pre-interview hold (a rejection) and then total silence.

dazlindz

10+ Year Member
                      Aug 6, 2007
                      1. MD/PhD Student
                        yeah, waiting sucks.

i feel lucky this application cycle for hearing about interviews, but after the interviews are over i don't hear anything until the last week of march. sigh. i just happened to pick all the non-rolling schools.

(ok, so a few of the ones i applied to should tell me within the next two months, but it's still a long time away for an SDNer!)

anyway, good luck!! i'm crossing my fingers for everyone =)

About the Ads
                        This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.