Lonely for e-mail...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else lonely for those exciting new secondary notices and interview invites in your e-mail box? I guess this may belong on the Interview Hiatus thread, but I'm seriously feeling stressed, frustrated, etc. because I feel like there is no MOVEMENT. I like things to MOVE FORWARD...uh, yea I'm a type A. All I have is SDN, now.... just keep posting....keep posting....keep posting....:eek::eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Aww..sorry you're feeling stressed. You can always try to distract yourself by doing some early holiday present shopping :) Or OD-ing on turkey and cranberry sauce and sink into a nice Thanksgiving-coma for a few days, heh.

here, you can have my email.

i got a rejection email today from brown. enjoy!!

Members don't see this ad :)
See! I knew I'd feel better with a little SDN love!!! I'm ashamed for feeling sorry for myself. I've had very good luck with this process so far. I'm just waiting on a couple of important schools and I'm getting nervous. Yes....turkey will be good. Football will be relaxing. Coma......ahhhh.....

So sorry about your rejection from Brown, aimsz88. I guess I should count my blessings.

See! I knew I'd feel better with a little SDN love!!! I'm ashamed for feeling sorry for myself. I've had very good luck with this process so far. I'm just waiting on a couple of important schools and I'm getting nervous. Yes....turkey will be good. Football will be relaxing. Coma......ahhhh.....

So sorry about your rejection from Brown, aimsz88. I guess I should count my blessings.
Don't be ashamed of being stressed/feeling sorry for yourself, that's what this process is about. No matter how well it's going, there is always that one school/city you're dying to hear from that leaves you in suspense and we definitley all feel it. While yes, we should definitely count our blessings if the season is going well, that doesn't mean we can't be neurotic about the one or two changes we want!

Don't be ashamed of being stressed/feeling sorry for yourself, that's what this process is about. No matter how well it's going, there is always that one school/city you're dying to hear from that leaves you in suspense and we definitley all feel it. While yes, we should definitely count our blessings if the season is going well, that doesn't mean we can't be neurotic about the one or two changes we want!

Gotta love premeds! This reminds me of that South Park episode where Kyle gives the homeless guy his entire life savings of $20 and he asks him for more change...

Speaking of which, I should post on the hiatus thread :)

Gotta love premeds! This reminds me of that South Park episode where Kyle gives the homeless guy his entire life savings of $20 and he asks him for more change...

Speaking of which, I should post on the hiatus thread :)
i honestly don't think this is just an anal premed thing; of course i'm more than thankful for the luck i've had, but why shuold that stop me from hoping to get to be in a certain city or at a certain school? Just because we've had luck doesn't mean we should give up hope for more.

i honestly don't think this is just an anal premed thing; of course i'm more than thankful for the luck i've had, but why shuold that stop me from hoping to get to be in a certain city or at a certain school? Just because we've had luck doesn't mean we should give up hope for more.

Oh, I think we all are, I'm just saying... have you ever met a premed that is satisfied with the application cycle?

Oh, I think we all are, I'm just saying... have you ever met a premed that is satisfied with the application cycle?
fair....i'd like to say myself...and i'm like 99% satisfied. I just want one more NY interview and wish my Brown one had gone better...haha...i'd definitely call myself satisfied, but i could be more than satisfied. OKAY OKAY I"M A BIG FAT PRE-MED!!!

KimJongIl-743826.jpg

I'm so ronery,
so ronery,
so ronery and sadry arone...

The tumbleweed rolls by... and I'm happy it doesn't carry any rejections to me.

yeah, i wasn't kidding when i said somebody could take my rejection email from brown today..

an email! couldn't even put in the 50 cents it takes to print and mail me a frickin rejection letter...

sorry. im really getting worn down by this...

4 rejections, 1 pre-interview hold (a rejection) and then total silence.

yeah, waiting sucks.

i feel lucky this application cycle for hearing about interviews, but after the interviews are over i don't hear anything until the last week of march. sigh. i just happened to pick all the non-rolling schools.

(ok, so a few of the ones i applied to should tell me within the next two months, but it's still a long time away for an SDNer!)

anyway, good luck!! i'm crossing my fingers for everyone =)