1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Island

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Maurizio, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Maurizio

Maurizio Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Hey,

has anyone heard anything about stony brooks post-bacc program? or at least about taking my pre-reqs there as a non degree seeking student? Is it any good? How about Hofstra or any other schools on long island?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. s2kray

s2kray Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i'm not a stony post bac student but i do go there for undergrad. all i gotta say is stonybrook is very serious when it comes to science. if you go here to do your post bac be prepared to study study study... i am sure you will be taking the same courses with the regular undergraduate class.. although there is big time grade inflation, it is very hard to get help from the teachers. if you have great study habits and can learn on your own.. then stonybrook should be alright for you.. stony does have a great repuatation when it comes to sciences and i am sure medical schools will acknowledge that.. goodluck with everything and email me if you have any more questions regarding science teachers or what not if you do choose to go here. glad to be of help

~ray