Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bpharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know on the pharmcas website it is stated that LIU requires PCAT......but whenever I call LIU they have told me that they don't know anything yet about PCAT:confused: Does anyone know the truth about LIU???

Members don't see this ad.

i cant believe they tell u that...cause they said they require it...they are just a bunch of weirdos sitting in their offices...its rediculus....iam applying but i dont have too many hopes from them...

they take their students no matter what their gpa (my friend got in with like 3.2 and 50 pcat)

thanks........I guess I'll take my chances too =)!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So Do they require the PCAT or not you guys? I'm so nervous to take the PCAT this October.. :(

LIU does require the PCAT just for observational references. I have contacted them several times and I was told there was not a minimal requirement, yet.

Best of luck.

Do I still have to apply through pharmcas for LIU?? Even though, they don't require PCAT:confused:

sorry guys , this is a question out of nowhere.

What is the average GPA for Long Island, Brooklyn campus. NY.

I got a 3.25 from a CC and going to a good 4yr school for biochem major.

Still studying for pcat.. what are my chances if i apply now .

thanks a lot for you help

PCAT and PharmCas are required for students who are not pre-pharm students from LIU, that includes you and I with degrees or pre-reqs. I visited the campus last summer and from my tour guide, he said 3.2 for min. GPA.

The application process hasn't opened yet at LIU. Their pharmacy bulletin doesn't work. How would you apply? I am just wondering because I'm in the same boat as you are.

Peace and mucho light.

I live not too far from LIU. Plan to apply Online and drop the docs off in person. I don't know what i am going to do really. Kinda confused.. and also busy with my new classes, biochem, exp biochem and phy chem.. suppose to be mad hard

glad to hear from someone from the same boat

thanks again