Long time follower, first time poster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benjamindp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all!

I obviously haven't posted in this forum before, but I do follow it pretty regularly. I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to take a look at my personal essay for DO school and give me any ideas, pointers, etc. An objective eye without any family bias is in order.

My situation is as follows, mediocre grades for BS in Biology, with strong uptrend towards the end. Second BS in medical technology with 66 consecutive hours with 4.0, graduated cum laude, multiple honor societies, class president, asb rep. etc. I work in an intensive care setting with constant interaction with both doctors and patients. I have shadowed both types, MD and DO. Have become much closer to the MD. I applied to one MD school and one DO school 2 years ago, was interviewed at the DO school and told I had to retake and improve organic II(from early in biology degree) and attain two more credit hours in physics. Have knocked out both, A in phys, B in organic II while working 50 hour weeks. I'm currently at a 24 on MCAT, and just took it again on August 5 and honestly expecting a better score, so I'm finishing up my DO application and ready to input my personal statement and new MCAT.

So, if anyone would like to read please let me know, and I'll email or PM it. In exchange I'd be happy to read yours as well.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You look fine. I'd prefer an MCAT >25, but start applying and stop fussing.

Hello to all!

I obviously haven't posted in this forum before, but I do follow it pretty regularly. I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to take a look at my personal essay for DO school and give me any ideas, pointers, etc. An objective eye without any family bias is in order.

My situation is as follows, mediocre grades for BS in Biology, with strong uptrend towards the end. Second BS in medical technology with 66 consecutive hours with 4.0, graduated cum laude, multiple honor societies, class president, asb rep. etc. I work in an intensive care setting with constant interaction with both doctors and patients. I have shadowed both types, MD and DO. Have become much closer to the MD. I applied to one MD school and one DO school 2 years ago, was interviewed at the DO school and told I had to retake and improve organic II(from early in biology degree) and attain two more credit hours in physics. Have knocked out both, A in phys, B in organic II while working 50 hour weeks. I'm currently at a 24 on MCAT, and just took it again on August 5 and honestly expecting a better score, so I'm finishing up my DO application and ready to input my personal statement and new MCAT.

So, if anyone would like to read please let me know, and I'll email or PM it. In exchange I'd be happy to read yours as well.

Thanks in advance.