Long-time lurker, first post in path

Started by Daddydoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daddydoc

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an ms1 at a DO school. We have the chance to go to many different regions for our rotations. I would like to go somewhere with some decent path programs nearby (relatively) so I can get some rotations in with them. Right now I am considering Colorado or Arizona, since I am from the west and would like to head back there eventually to practice. I have searched and read about what I could find on the programs in those states, but I would like more input and comparison of them if anyone is familiar with them.

To let you know a little more about myself, I am married with 4 children. We came to Kirksville because this is where my wife is from and that was part of the deal with her (live close to her family for a while) in coming back to school. I have worked as a med tech for 4 years, and am still currently working 20 hrs per week while in school. Med school was always a future option for me, but when I began working in the hospital and saw what pathologists did I finally knew what I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing.

I enjoy reading the posts on here and hope to contribute a little in the future.

Thanks!

daddydoc