Longs drugs MINT Program: Anyone doing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rivatnt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Longs Drugs MINT Program offers full tuition (up to $10,000 per year) to eligible pharmacy students. To apply for the program, applicants must be:

In the last or second to last year of pharmacy school
In good academic standing (at least 2.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale)
Willing to work for Longs Drugs after graduation as a licensed pharmacist
Willing to work in a specified location for a minimum of two years

I was wondering if a lot of pharmacy students do this. Is Longs Drugs the only chain that offers money this way?

Members don't see this ad.

rivatnt said:
The Longs Drugs MINT Program offers full tuition (up to $10,000 per year) to eligible pharmacy students. QUOTE]

"full tuition" haha. They are about 20,000 short for my tuition. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
CVS also offers a similar program--they give you $5000 per year, and each year you take the money, you work for them for 1 year after graduation. I think you get to choose where you go, though.

Rite Aid offers no such program.

Shopper's Drug Mart offers a much better program:

Every year of schooling they give you $15,000 and you agree to work with them for two years after graduation - you specify the province I think (this is Canada)

Basically if you sign up first year you'll get $60,000 - which is pretty nice.

npage148 said:
Are you sure? becasue my recent grad boss is doing this through rite aid with a 5 year commitment

I was an assistant manager at Rite Aid before returning to school, and the district HR manager AND the HR manager for the whole company (the guy based in Harrisburg, PA) told me they did not offer a tuition reimbursement program.

DrugDealer said:
I was an assistant manager at Rite Aid before returning to school, and the district HR manager AND the HR manager for the whole company (the guy based in Harrisburg, PA) told me they did not offer a tuition reimbursement program.

Riteaid does offer a scholarship for employed interns, or people in areas that do not have a rite aid. I don't think their is a work commitment. I also heard they have really nice summer internships with nice housing accomodations and everything

http://www.riteaid.com/careers/student_grad.php