1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

look at this!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by brent25, Dec 3, 2005.

1. brent25

brent25 brent25

Pre-Dental
    Since everyone got feedback on THEIR chances of interviews/acceptances...I would like some feedback too! This is what I have:

Overall GPA- 3.45
    Science- 3.2

DAT- AA/17 TS/18 PAT/19

Undergrad school: University of Rochester
    Major: Anthropology
    Minors: Bio, Religion

-plenty of extra-curriculars/leadership positions also

My file was completed at all schools by September first. Since then, I have been "under review" at 12 schools. They include:

NYU
    Columbia
    Stonybrook
    Buffalo
    Harvard
    UCONN
    BU
    UPitt
    Kentucky
    Marquette
    UOP
    Nova

Anyone think that dental school is in my near future? Or should I prepare for a "plan B." Let me know!!

2. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you don't get in this cycle, retake your DAT and shoot for 20's or higher and you will be good to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Los Angeles Smog
    7+ Year Member

Sounds like a good plan!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lostinbul

Lostinbul Pray'n for a letter!
    5+ Year Member

It's going to be close! There are a few that I know you will not have the stats for, UOP and Harvard to name a few. But who knows, things just might work out. Hang in there and I don't think that you should have a plan B that doesn't include dentistry.

5. sunphish

sunphish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

yay for U or R, my good old hometown school. If you don't get in this year, then shoot for a few points higher on the DATs (19AA probably), and you will be good to go. Best of luck! And I agree with Lostinbul - don't even think about ruling out dentistry. If this is what you want, don't even consider a life without it.