10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Last year:
3.65cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 10/10/10P, 9/11/10R
1 interview, rejected.

This Year
3.6cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 11,11,12R

A +4 MCAT score, currently working at a medical school as a researcher, volunteering as EMT, applying broadly. My GPA took a small hit, but my MCAT improved after I tried really hard and did some soul-searching. I applied broadly, mostly to MD schools in ranked 30-end of the list last year. Would the same target list be appropriate? No DOs on my list at this time, no AACOMAS submission.

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status
Pre-Medical
dont submit your application late. Revise, revise, revise! You will be golden! good luck! :luck:

UTsksk

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2008
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Last year:
3.65cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 10/10/10P, 9/11/10R
1 interview, rejected.

This Year
3.6cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 11,11,12R

A +4 MCAT score, currently working at a medical school as a researcher, volunteering as EMT, applying broadly. My GPA took a small hit, but my MCAT improved after I tried really hard and did some soul-searching. I applied broadly, mostly to MD schools in ranked 30-end of the list last year. Would the same target list be appropriate? No DOs on my list at this time, no AACOMAS submission.
Volunteer as an EMT? I plan to get paid for that and get volunteer hours from a clinic, but hey, it's all good. I think that rise in MCAT sealed the deal, congrats and good luck.

gman33

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Improved MCAT is a big plus, gpa going down is never good.
Overall, app should be better.

Not sure what schools you applied to, but make sure you have a good list.
Don't apply to a bunch of reach schools, or schools that take mainly in-state candidates (if you are out of state).

I'd also think about DO schools if you are interested. The process is getting tougher each year. Just have an idea of what you want to do in case you don't get into MD schools again.

OP
Compass

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Volunteer as an EMT? I plan to get paid for that and get volunteer hours from a clinic, but hey, it's all good. I think that rise in MCAT sealed the deal, congrats and good luck.
I am volunteering at a clinic doing about 50 hours a week, and then volunteering on weekends for 12 hours a week as an EMT. This week :D, however, I'm going to try and pull a 24-hour shift as an EMT because I'm happy
:D
My list is lower-MCAT schools on MSAR, 30s-32s average area, and then I put in a few reach schools that I enjoy funding an indomitable empire to...