Looking for a creative medical name for my kitten?

Started by Megan801
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Megan801

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Her tail and head both have black but her body is all white so I initially thought Oreo. But she will always be the cat I got my first year of medical school so I would love to find a cute name that is either related to or is a medical term!
I also thought Rosalind after Rosalind Franklin but I'm not sure how much I like that. Any suggestions would be awesome 🙂
 

Attachments

  • 11951237_10153629891559515_4329222443388314706_n.jpg
    11951237_10153629891559515_4329222443388314706_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 352
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of the only terms/names I can think of from my first year of medical school that would be even close to acceptable as a name for a kitten is Starling (i.e. Ernest Starling of the Frank—Starling law/Starling Curve).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Robbins (Or Baby Robbins.)
Dyscrasia
Piriform
Catalase. (Or Cattylaze)
Catenin
Catecholamine
Osler
Satinsky. Or Catinsky.
Netter
Haustra
The Buccinator
Choana
Hamulus.
Catullus.
Zygoma
Tragus
Bascule
Glabella
Chyli
Luschka
Denonvillier
Cantlie
Cloquet
Teres
Lunate
Athena
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Life.

That way, whenever she leaves the room, you can say "Well, there went my Life."

Word, you'll have this cat likely beyond the time that you care for the constant reminder of the health care field and all that it has put you through.

I recommend a name you'll like even after a med-mal case ends your career and you're $250K in debt and it's you and kitty sleeping under a bridge eating out of dumpsters. One you and your laymen friends will like and pronounce correctly. One in hindsight you can pretend has nothing to do with a career you are burnt on.

Much the way that if you get lover's name tattooed to your ass that you have a plan to cover it up for the inevitable breakup.
 
Pawci immune?
Mr. H. Pawlori?
Catsaicin? ( as in Capsaicin)

We had a neighborhood cat who came by our house all M1 and M2. Her name was kitty. ^_^ She came for pets and provided much comfort on the most stressful of days.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Name your kitty TAVR or AIVR, maybe? They sound cool when you pronounce them as words.