Quantcast

Looking for a mortgage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2005

New Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I know that many of us are looking into purchasing homes soon, so I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what I found. After look at my credit union, a mortgage broker, and many online web sites, the best mortgage program I found was with Bank of America. It is one of the "doctor loans."

I just went through the whole process with the Bank of America. First, this really is a great program. The main highlights of the program are 100% financing, no down payment, no PMI. Also, they do not count your medical school loans when factoring your debt. The other big bonus is, contrary to many other lenders, they will let you close on the house about 2 months prior to the start of your residency (let you close without a paycheck).

The account manager that I used is David Benson. He is extremely helpful, especially if you are a bit confused. His phone number is 800-685-9398. You can probably go through any account manager, but he specializes in the Medical Worker Flex program and knows all about medical school, the match, and residency.

If you call him even just to talk about the program, PLEASE PLEASE tell him that Skip Alderson referred you. It would REALLY help me out. Thanks in advanced.

Good luck.
 

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2000
Messages
3,524
Reaction score
318
doc2005 said:
If you call him even just to talk about the program, PLEASE PLEASE tell him that Skip Alderson referred you. It would REALLY help me out.

i'm sure it would, lol. $-)

BoA has been talked about extensively between here and the general residency forum. they require a certain credit score, and wouldn't budge to help me out. we used suntrust and got the same deal with better service.

definitely shop around.

--your friendly neighborhood comparative shopping caveman
 

TommyGunn04

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
1
Homunculus said:
i'm sure it would, lol. $-)

BoA has been talked about extensively between here and the general residency forum. they require a certain credit score, and wouldn't budge to help me out. we used suntrust and got the same deal with better service.

definitely shop around.

--your friendly neighborhood comparative shopping caveman


What credit score do they require??? Do you know if they consider a spouse's credit as well? If so would they average the scores? (sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to mortgage stuff...)
 

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
43,153
Reaction score
84
I know that PHH Mortgage's physican loan program required a 680 I believe.
 
D

doglover

TommyGunn04 said:
What credit score do they require??? Do you know if they consider a spouse's credit as well? If so would they average the scores? (sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to mortgage stuff...)

I believe Bank of America's physician loan requires a 720 middle score. Some mortgage programs use the primary borrower's scores, or the two mid scores of all 6 credit scores (3 from each person), but I'm not sure how BofA factors in scores from both people.
 
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top